Id for Darjeeling Cucurbitaceae

Panda Subhasis Dr

Aug 13, 2023, 10:14:44 AM8/13/23
to efloraofindia
Locality: Alubari TN Road (Darjeeling)
Date: November 2018
Alt: 6900 ft
SP12112018TNRoad.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 13, 2023, 11:24:22 AM8/13/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Subhasis Panda, J.M. Garg
Trichosanthes costata Blume

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 23, 2023, 7:08:11 AM8/23/23
to Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com, Subhasis Panda
I think it is more closer to specimens of Trichosanthes khasiana in GBIF (One and two).
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Panda Subhasis Dr

Aug 23, 2023, 9:32:32 AM8/23/23
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com
Herbarium specimens matched

Thank you Gargji

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 24, 2023, 11:42:25 AM8/24/23
to eFloraofIndia
Perhaps we will have to look for flowers before we assign this specimen to any Trichosanthes species. The crucial difference is fimbriate corolla of T. bracteata (Lam) Voight (syn T. palmata Roxb.) in which fruits are without costae, T. wallichiana similarly without any costae. Not much images are available for T. khasiana Kundo, which was created based on type by Hooker and Thoms. as indicated here https://psimg.jstor.org/fsi/img/pdf/i0/10.5555/al.ap.specimen.k000102019_normal.pdf, distributed as var of T. multiloba in FBI

Costae are visible in only fruit seen, so it might be T. costata as suggested by Saroj ji, but as I mentioned above flowers are essential for confirmation.
My images on Flowers of India