For ID - 21/01/2023 DS 3

Dipani Sutaria

Jan 20, 2023, 10:44:51 PM1/20/23
to efloraofindia
Hello,

I need help with the Ipomea's - on how best to study them for ID.

I found this one close to home, Ahmedabad, and those pointy leaves with the wavy edges seem to be very different or do young leaves look like this? The beautiful flower has a soft pink centre. It was growing along with Peritrophe, Cassia sophera amongst Prospis juliflora.

Thank you, dipani
Ipomea ?? 2023-01-16 at 7.57.56 AM.jpeg

Mahadeswara

Jan 21, 2023, 11:30:43 PM1/21/23
to eFloraofIndia
I think there is mix up of plants.  Make sure the leaves you mentioned are those of the one with Ipoemea flowers.  Please  post a separate picture of the flowers attached to leaves by separating the plant from other plant species.
In the present form it is confusing.

taffa...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2023, 2:16:07 AM1/22/23
to eFloraofIndia
Could be bindweed (Convulvulus) climbing on another plant .
Regards
Taffazull

J.M. Garg

Jan 24, 2023, 2:57:20 AM1/24/23
to efloraofindia, Dipani Sutaria
Leaves and side view of flower is missing, for I'd.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Dipani Sutaria

Feb 1, 2023, 6:47:21 AM2/1/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Hello,

Please find attached the pictures of leaves and side view of the flower.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 1, 2023, 6:58:38 AM2/1/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Dipani Sutaria, J.M. Garg
Ipomoea sagittifolia Burm.fil. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 6, 2023, 12:28:44 AM2/6/23
to Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com, Dipani Sutaria
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 6, 2023, 1:54:53 AM2/6/23
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com, Dipani Sutaria

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 8, 2023, 2:34:16 AM2/8/23
to Dipani Sutaria, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Thanks, Dipani ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg
On Mon, 6 Feb, 2023, 2:47 pm Dipani Sutaria, <dipani....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Thank you so much.

I find it very interesting that the climber has these different types of leaves. When large, they have that purple centre and the leaf margin is smooth. While there are also these other type, where the terminal portion is gracefully long and the leaf margin is serrated.
Do all ipomea have this kind of development or just ipomea sagittifolia ?

Respectfully,
dipani

J.M. Garg

Feb 10, 2023, 2:23:37 AM2/10/23
to Dipani Sutaria, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
 I do not think all Ipomeas have this kind of development as in ipomea sagittifolia ?

On Mon, 6 Feb 2023 at 10:58, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg