Id required for aquatic plants

manasi karangutkar

Dec 6, 2008, 6:26:59 AM12/6/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends,

These are pictures of some aquatic plants. These pics were taken in Western Ghats in Maharashtra. According to me there are 3 plants. It was a fresh water stream. I want to know their names..
Thanks in advance

Manasi

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Madhuri Pejaver

Dec 6, 2008, 7:11:09 AM12/6/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com, manasi karangutkar
4th one must be Chara.
was it under water?
madhuri

Dr.Gautam Joglekar

Dec 6, 2008, 8:36:45 AM12/6/08
to formp...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com, manasi karangutkar
Hi,

I can identify the one in the last photograph as I have it in my aquarium and I also frequently see it in rivers and pools in konkan. It is a Cobomba spp.

As for the first three photographs, I really have no idea.

Regards,

Dr. Gautam Joglekar.

J.M. Garg

Dec 6, 2008, 8:55:48 AM12/6/08
to Dr.Gautam Joglekar, formp...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com, manasi karangutkar
Hi, Manasi ji,
Following links gives many pictures of many Limnophila species & may be it helps you in your identification:
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

JM Garg

Dec 17, 2008, 3:21:46 AM12/17/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Forwarding again for Id pl.

Hello friends,

Manasi

 1.jpg
398KViewDownload

 2.jpg
336KViewDownload

 3.jpg
239KViewDownload

 4.jpg
186KViewDownload

figtree

Dec 17, 2008, 3:59:23 AM12/17/08
to indiantreepix
It seems Gargji is right, Pic 1 is a mixture, Pic 2 & 3 are Limnophila
sessiliflora and the 4th is L. aquatica.
> 186KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

J.M. Garg

Dec 17, 2008, 5:41:30 AM12/17/08
to figtree, indiantreepix
Pictures of Chara appear different at link: http://images.google.co.in/images?hl=en&q=Chara&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi as does pictures of Cobomba species at link: http://images.google.co.in/images?um=1&hl=en&q=Cobomba&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

grassman

Dec 18, 2008, 7:33:09 AM12/18/08
to indiantreepix
Dear

your first three pics are of pogostemon dacennense most probably if
you have taken these pics from some plateues in maharasthra and fouth
one is most probably of Ceratophyllum sp.

On Dec 17, 3:41 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Pictures of *Chara* appear different at link:http://images.google.co.in/images?hl=en&q=Chara&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&ta...as
> does pictures of *Cobomba species* at link:http://images.google.co.in/images?um=1&hl=en&q=Cobomba&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&...
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
> "We often ignore the beauty around us"
> Creating Awareness about Indian Flora & Fauna:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/ join Google e-group
> (Indiantreepix)http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en- Hide quoted text -

JM Garg

May 31, 2020, 12:27:41 AM5/31/20
to manasi karangutkar, efloraofindia