Is it "Operculina turpanthum' 'निशोत्तर'

Swagat

Jan 3, 2010, 9:18:33 PM1/3/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Is it 'Operculina turpanthum'  'निशोत्तर' 'Nishottar' in Marathi.

This climber photographed at Mumbai University, Vidyanagari, Kalina, Mumbai.

Date- 03rd January 2010.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

030110-Kalina-Swagat1.jpg
030110-Kalina-Swagat1A.jpg
030110-Kalina-Swagat1B.jpg
030110-Kalina-Swagat1C.jpg
030110-Kalina-Swagat1D.jpg
030110-Kalina-Swagat1E.jpg
030110-Kalina-Swagat1F.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Jan 3, 2010, 10:22:35 PM1/3/10
to Swagat, indiantreepix
... commonly known as: Indian jalap, St. Thomas lidpod, transparent wood rose, turpeth root, white day glory • Hindi: निशोथ nisoth, पिठोरी pitohri • Kannada: ಬಿಳಿತಿಗಡೆ bilitigade, ತಿಗಡೆ ಬೇರು tigade beru • Malayalam: ത്രികോല്പക്കൊന്ന thrikoolpakkonna • Marathi: निसोत्तर or निशोत्तर nisottar • Nepalese: निशोधि nishodhi, निशोथ nisoth • Sanskrit: निशोत्र nishotra, त्रिपुट triputa, त्रिवृथ trivrutha • Tamil: சரளம் caralam, சிவதை civatai, கும்பஞ்சான் kumpncan, பகன்றை paganrai • Telugu: తెగడ tegada, త్రివృత్ తెల్లతెగ trivrut tellatega

Regards.

formp...@yahoo.com

Jan 3, 2010, 11:26:46 PM1/3/10
to Swagat, indian...@googlegroups.com
Why Operculina? Is it because the seeds are covered with thin membrane?
Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Swagat <swaga...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 07:48:33 +0530
To: indiantreepix<indian...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [indiantreepix:25945] Is it "Operculina turpanthum' 'निशोत्तर'

J.M. Garg

Feb 16, 2010, 12:15:00 AM2/16/10
to efloraofindia, Madhuri Pejaver, Swagat, Dinesh Valke

Forwarding again for some clarifications pl.

Earlier relevant feedback:

Why Operculina? Is it because the seeds are covered with thin membrane?
Madhuri”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

030110-Kalina-Swagat1.jpg
030110-Kalina-Swagat1A.jpg
030110-Kalina-Swagat1B.jpg
030110-Kalina-Swagat1C.jpg
030110-Kalina-Swagat1D.jpg
030110-Kalina-Swagat1E.jpg
030110-Kalina-Swagat1F.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Feb 16, 2010, 12:21:38 AM2/16/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Madhuri Pejaver, Swagat
... at Dave's botanary, found ... oh - per - koo - LEE - nuh -- possibly means lid; the seed pod has a lid-like top.

Regards.