Clerodendrum species for identification...

Apurba Das

May 26, 2021, 5:34:26 AM5/26/21
to indiantreepix
Dear All

This Clerodendrum species I have recently collected from Great Nicobar Island.
Habit: Shrub 3-4 m tall. Flowers small, flower tube inside the calyx
lobe, lower side of petals villous, calyx light greenish colour at the
time of fruiting also.

Need identification help. Attached photos for identification.

With Regards
Apurba Kumar Das
DSCN5601.jpg
DSCN5593.jpg
DSCN5585.jpg
DSCN5612.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

May 26, 2021, 6:25:59 AM5/26/21
to efloraindia, Apurba Das, J.M. Garg
Clerodendrum infortunatum L. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

May 27, 2021, 4:26:41 AM5/27/21
to efloraofindia, Apurba Das, J.M. Garg
Yes its saroj Ji,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 05/27/21, 01:56:02 PM

Saroj Kasaju

May 27, 2021, 4:43:59 AM5/27/21
to efloraindia, Apurba Das, J.M. Garg

Thank you Paradesi Ji !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jun 2, 2021, 7:36:07 AM6/2/21
to efloraofindia, Apurba Das, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

I think it looks different from images at Clerodendrum infortunatum L.
I could not find a match with comparative images at Clerodendrum

With regards,
J.M.Garg
DSCN5601.jpg
DSCN5593.jpg
DSCN5585.jpg
DSCN5612.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 2, 2021, 7:36:40 AM6/2/21
to efloraofindia, Apurba Das, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Hi, Apurba ji,
What are the species reported from your area?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajitno...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2021, 11:20:44 AM6/2/21
to efloraofindia
Please, check if it can be Clerodendrum villosum Blume - http://powo.science.kew.org/taxon/urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:862479-1
Clipboard01.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 5, 2021, 12:34:30 PM6/5/21
to Apurba Das, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, surajitkoley
Thanks, Apurba ji

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 at 22:02, Apurba Das <apurba...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Sir

So far 4 species of Clerodendrum reported from Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

1. Clerodendrum calamitosum L.
2. Clerodendrum chinense (Osbeck) Mabb.
3. Clerodendrum infortunatum L.
4. Clerodendrum paniculatum L.

With Regards
Apurba Kumar Das

On 6/2/21, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Apurba ji,
> What are the species reported from your area?
>
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 at 17:05, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Forwarding again for Id assistance please.
>> I think it looks different from images at *Clerodendrum infortunatum* L.
>> <https://efloraofindia.com/species/a---l/l/lamiaceae/clerodendrum/clerodendrum-infortunatum>

>> I could not find a match with comparative images at Clerodendrum

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

Jun 5, 2021, 12:52:20 PM6/5/21
to J.M. Garg, Apurba Das, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Please, add one more if I am to believe KEW for reference - http://powo.science.kew.org/taxon/urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:862479-1

Native to:

Assam, Bangladesh, Borneo, China South-Central, Jawa, Laos, Lesser Sunda Is., Malaya, Myanmar, Nicobar Is., Philippines, Solomon Is., Sumatera, Thailand, Vietnam

Thank you
With regards
surajit koley

surajit koley

Jun 5, 2021, 12:57:04 PM6/5/21
to J.M. Garg, Apurba Das, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
and if the name "villosum" makes confusion, better have the protologue (attached here).

Thank you
With regards
surajit koley

mobot31753002454897_0177.jpg

Apurba Das

Jun 8, 2021, 12:07:45 AM6/8/21
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot for Identification.