For ID 250509 ET 101

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

May 25, 2009, 1:51:24 PM5/25/09
to indiantreepix
Friends

I took this picture during Bio Diversity Trail at Great Himalayan
National Park base camp, on
10th May,2009.
Kindly give ID .
Thank you in advance

IMG_0001-1.JPG

IMG_0001-1.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 20, 2009, 12:42:20 AM6/20/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id help pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

IMG_0001-1.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 7, 2009, 11:52:38 AM7/7/09
to indiantreepix, Tabish
Hi, Thiru ji,
I think it's Sorbus lanata as per 'Concise Flowers of the Himalayas' & as per link (I think it doesn't seem to match here not being flowered as yet): http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Hairy%20Rowan.html
Tabish ji, what do you say?

Dinesh Valke

Jul 7, 2009, 1:05:39 PM7/7/09
to J.M. Garg, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix, Tabish
... most probably this one looks to be Hydrangea macrophylla -- what I have at http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Hydrangea+macrophylla&w=91314344%40N00&z=m
Tony Rodd, one of my flickr friend had provided me the ID, his comment: "Hydrangea macrophylla cultivar. This is one of the garden forms with all sterile flowers in the head, which do not occur in the wild."

Regards.

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Jul 7, 2009, 1:40:30 PM7/7/09
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Tabish
I agree with you Sir. After realising my mistake subsequent photos with full flowering I send.
There was communication gap. I am sorry for the same.

--
With Warm Regards,

      THIRU
(E.Thiruvengadam)
Mobile 9987886892
Chembur, Mumbai -- India

J.M. Garg

Jul 7, 2009, 1:45:34 PM7/7/09
to Dinesh Valke, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix, Tabish
Thanks, Dinesh ji.
You seem to be right.