A black and white image of Arirtolochia ringens

tsp kumar

Jun 3, 2024, 1:57:04 PMJun 3
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Garg sir,
I apologize for not being active on this site for a considerably long period of time ,so long that I could not figure out how to upload a subject.I have been rendered hors de combat post retirement on account of lack of oppurtunities to go to field and also on account of ill-health.However, of late I have developed a facination towards black and white conversions of images that I took over a period of time. I fancied to contribute a few black and white images to this forum.I understand that they hold no value taxonomically  since the natural colors have been stripped off and offer very little in terms of building a database of the flora.Nevertheless I presume that they offer a sense of timelessness.I do understand that the purists do not agree. May I submit a black-n-white version of the images that I have already uploaded so far,limiting to only one image per species.I think it gives a very different perspective.I do admit that the images represent only the luminosity values of a particular color and not the color itself. As an example I am uploading an image of Aristolochia ringens,the Dutchman's pipe.I assure you that I will not spam the site
thanks and regards
tspkumar

Presenting  a black-n-white version of Aristolochia ringens,the Dutchman's pipe

Habit: A climber

Habitat: Evergreen,Semi-evergreen forests,that are opened up

Sighting:Kalasa,near Chikmagalur,Karnataka

Date:03-11-2015

Thanks and regards
tspkumar
Deputy Conservator of Forests (R)
Tumkur,Karnataka
Ph:9880571585

“We have not inherited this planet from our forefathers, we have borrowed it from our children”-An American proverb

Aristolochia ringens-Kalasa_13-11-2015-IMG-5731 (41)-0.4 mb-2.25 mp-web-v1.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 13, 2024, 8:17:13 AMJun 13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, TSP ji, for coming back. eFloraofindia is not for taxonomy but also a depository of all sorts of artistic forms on plants, which members may like to send. It adds value to the site.
So pl. send as many black and white images as possible.
I would try to put thumbnails of them on the website, to show a different perspective.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 13, 2024, 8:19:18 AMJun 13
to indian...@googlegroups.com, tsp
Also hope (and wish) you are doing better health wise now.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

tsp kumar

Jun 13, 2024, 8:26:22 AMJun 13
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Garg sir
regards
tspkumar

taffa...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2024, 10:25:46 AMJun 13
to eFloraofIndia
Beautiful
Appreciating the beauty of nature is much more important than rote learning.
Unfortunately our students do badly  because our teachers teach them solely with the aim of passing exams. They obtain 99 percentile rank while remaining strangers to the subject.
Regards
Taffazull

Nidhan Singh

Jun 14, 2024, 4:02:27 AMJun 14
to indian...@googlegroups.com

It is really very nice to see you come back, and with a beautiful concept TSP Kumar Ji..!!
I wish you a great health and more power to mesmerise us with many such images, as you have of Dutchman's pipe..

tsp kumar

Jun 14, 2024, 4:13:43 AMJun 14
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Nidhan ji.I am happy that you liked it.I will upload a few m
ore in the coming days.
Regards
tspkumar

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "eFloraofIndia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAE%3DTH0Cv_Ze3CQpAtq1zupTJz0Kv6KPZGPVScVia0Wt9%3D22hfw%40mail.gmail.com.