re:for id 20080720_3

1 view
Skip to first unread message

vivekmail

unread,
Jul 20, 2008, 10:59:44 AM7/20/08
to Indiantreepix
yellow flower by roadside near daulatabad
yellowflower.jpg
yellowflower1.jpg
yellowflower2.jpg

J.M. Garg

unread,
Jul 20, 2008, 11:51:33 AM7/20/08
to vivekmail, Indiantreepix
Hi, Vivek ji,
One close up each of leaves & flowers is required for proper Id. I think it's very difficult to see the details in your pictures.

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 8:29 PM, vivekmail <vvgha...@dataone.in> wrote:
yellow flower by roadside near daulatabad

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

unread,
Jul 20, 2008, 12:12:49 PM7/20/08
to vivekmail, Indiantreepix
It may be Senna auriculata. See details from Indiantreepix Database:
Senna auriculata Fabaceae ranawara, avaram, Avaram Sennaanwal, tarwar, tangadi, Avarai, taravada  At Sindrot near Vadodara in Gujrat on 25/11/07. Senna auriculata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Kassod (Siamese/thai/yellow cassia, Ironwood tree, Bombay blackwood, Thailand shower)- Senna siamea - indiantreepix | Google Groups


On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 9:21 PM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Vivek ji,
One close up each of leaves & flowers is required for proper Id. I think it's very difficult to see the details in your pictures.

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 8:29 PM, vivekmail <vvgha...@dataone.in> wrote:
yellow flower by roadside near daulatabad

For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/ join Google e-group (Indiantreepix) http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg



--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
"We often ignore the beauty around us"
For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/ join Google e-group (Indiantreepix) http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en

Pankaj Oudhia

unread,
Jul 20, 2008, 3:13:20 PM7/20/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Here are pictures of Tangadi (Senna auriculata syn. Cassia auriculata) taken in Pastapur, near Hyderabad.

http://ecoport.org/ep?Plant=4281&entityType=PL****&entityDisplayCategory=Photograph_Thumbnails

Links related to its traditional medicinal uses

http://ecoport.org/ep?Plant=4281&entityType=PL****&entityDisplayCategory=eArticles


Pankaj Oudhia

Anand Kumar Bhatt

unread,
Jul 21, 2008, 4:35:30 PM7/21/08
to Pankaj Oudhia, indian...@googlegroups.com
Cassia Siamea is a favourite of forest dept.especially for roadside
plantation. Some people say that its pollen is highly allergenic and
should not be encouraged at all. Same has been said about Putranjiva
roxburghiiwhich is sch a beautiful tree with shiny leaves!
akbahtt

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:43 AM, Pankaj Oudhia <pankaj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are pictures of Tangadi (Senna auriculata syn. Cassia auriculata) taken
> in Pastapur, near Hyderabad.
>
> http://ecoport.org/ep?Plant=4281&entityType=PL****&entityDisplayCategory=Photograph_Thumbnails
>
> Links related to its traditional medicinal uses
>
> http://ecoport.org/ep?Plant=4281&entityType=PL****&entityDisplayCategory=eArticles
>
>
> Pankaj Oudhia
>
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 9:42 PM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It may be Senna auriculata. See details from Indiantreepix Database:

>> Senna auriculataFabaceaeranawara, avaram, Avaram Sennaanwal, tarwar,


>> tangadi, Avarai, taravada At Sindrot near Vadodara in Gujrat on

>> 25/11/07.Senna auriculata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaKassod

Anand Kumar Bhatt

unread,
Jul 21, 2008, 4:38:07 PM7/21/08
to Pankaj Oudhia, indian...@googlegroups.com
Pankaj! I tend to agree with your identification.
akbhatt
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages