Medium-sized tree for Identification from Patiala, Punjab-December 2017::NS02

Nidhan Singh

Dec 5, 2017, 9:46:52 PM12/5/17
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

This medium-sized tree was recorded from campus of Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab in September 2017..
To me this looks to belong to Anacardiaceae, please suggest correct id..

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
Pb U Pt 2 (1).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (2).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (4).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (5).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (8).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (9).JPG

Sourav Mahmud

Dec 5, 2017, 9:48:35 PM12/5/17
to Nidhan Singh, indiantreepix
Never seen before

J.M. Garg

Dec 6, 2017, 12:25:28 AM12/6/17
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Dec 12, 2017, 7:06:17 AM12/12/17
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

Could not find a match as per comparative images at

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Pb U Pt 2 (1).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (2).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (4).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (5).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (8).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (9).JPG

Dr. Anil Thakur

Dec 12, 2017, 7:30:22 AM12/12/17
to J. M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
I think, Bridelia sp.

Nidhan Singh

Dec 12, 2017, 7:02:45 PM12/12/17
to J.M. Garg, Pradip Krishen, efloraofindia
Thanks Anil Ji and Pradip Ji,

My first impression of the plant was Bridelia, until I closely observed the flowers...and this is not like Casearia too..
Hope to get a lead soon..!!

J.M. Garg

Dec 12, 2017, 7:39:05 PM12/12/17
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia, Anil Thakur
Thanks, Nidhan ji.

J.M. Garg

Dec 19, 2017, 9:50:21 AM12/19/17
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Pb U Pt 2 (1).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (2).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (4).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (5).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (8).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (9).JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 1, 2018, 5:54:12 AM1/1/18
to efloraofindia

Jan 1, 2018, 10:47:46 PM1/1/18
to efloraofindia

Please check for Bridelia ferruginea.   Only a suggestion.

J.M. Garg

Jan 2, 2018, 12:42:53 AM1/2/18
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Tapas Chakrabarty
Thanks, Mahdeswara ji.

Nidhan Singh

Jan 2, 2018, 6:03:09 AM1/2/18
to J.M. Garg, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty
Thanks a lot Mahdeswara Ji, for your valuable suggestion, yes it superficially resembles to what you suggested, bu flowers seem to differ..

J.M. Garg

Jan 8, 2018, 10:12:24 PM1/8/18
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Forwarding again for id pl.
Pb U Pt 2 (1).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (2).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (4).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (5).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (8).JPG
Pb U Pt 2 (9).JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 9, 2018, 6:31:46 AM1/9/18
to Kanhaiya Lal Chaudhary
Thanks, Kanhaiya Lal ji

On 09-Jan-2018 3:21 PM, "Kanhaiya Lal Chaudhary" <klchau...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Gargji and Nidhan ji,
Unable to help you with this one.
Regards

Forwarding again for id pl.
From: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: 12-Dec-2017 5:36 PM
To: "efloraofindia" <indian...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: "Nidhan Singh" <nidhans...@gmail.com>

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 28, 2021, 3:07:24 AM3/28/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 28, 2021, 3:08:24 AM3/28/21
to indiantreepix, Nidhan Singh
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Anil Thakur, M Swamy

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Could not find a match as per comparative images at

I think, Bridelia sp.- from Anil ji

Looks to me like Casearia graveolens (Salicaceae)
Not sure. The flowers don't quite match C. graveolens as I know it- from Pradip Krishan ji
My first impression of the plant was Bridelia, until I closely observed the flowers...and this is not like Casearia too..

Hope to get a lead soon..!!- from Nidhan ji

Please check for Bridelia ferruginea. Only a suggestion.- from Mahadeswara ji

Thanks a lot Mahdeswara Ji, for your valuable suggestion, yes it superficially resembles to what you suggested, bu flowers seem to differ.. - from Nidhan ji

Apr 1, 2021, 9:07:20 AM4/1/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Anil Thakur, M Swamy
Possibly Celastraceae member.

J.M. Garg

Apr 1, 2021, 9:21:26 PM4/1/21
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Anil Thakur, M Swamy
Thanks, Mangaleshwar ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

From: Nidhan Singh
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 at 08:16
Subject: [efloraofindia:283160] Medium-sized tree for Identification from Patiala,
Punjab-December 2017::NS02
To: indiantreepix

Dear All,
This medium-sized tree was recorded from campus of Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab in
September 2017..To me this looks to belong to Anacardiaceae, please suggest correct id..
--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan SinghAssistant Professor

Nidhan Singh

Apr 2, 2021, 12:56:45 AM4/2/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Anil Thakur, M Swamy
Thanks a lot Mangaleshwar Sharma Sir for correct identification and Garg Ji for follow up..
--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Associate Professor

navendu page

Apr 5, 2021, 1:44:06 AM4/5/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Anil Thakur, M Swamy
This is a species of Homalium

Navendu
--
Navendu Page

Scientist-C
Wildlife Institute of India,
Dehradun - 248001.
Ph: +91 9611053510

J.M. Garg

Apr 5, 2021, 1:46:53 AM4/5/21
to navendu page, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Anil Thakur, M Swamy
Thanks, Navendu ji.
Identified as Homalium bhamoense (syn. H. tomentosum).
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 5, 2021, 2:18:08 AM4/5/21
to efloraindia, navendu page, Nidhan Singh, Anil Thakur, M Swamy

J.M. Garg

Apr 8, 2021, 8:23:40 AM4/8/21
to efloraofindia, navendu page, Nidhan Singh, Anil Thakur, M Swamy, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Saroj ji,
Going through POWO, it appears to be H. tomentosum (Vent.) Benth. rather than Homalium ceylanicum (Gardner) Benth. (syn: Homalium bhamoense Cubitt & W. W. Smith) as per POWO.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 8, 2021, 10:08:48 AM4/8/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, navendu page, Nidhan Singh, Anil Thakur, M Swamy
Yes Mr. Garg and thank you for validation !

Saroj Kasaju