whats my name ?

Alok Goyal

Mar 5, 2010, 5:27:36 AM3/5/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Date/Time- 05/03/10 time 11.00 am

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- NIPER, Sector 67, Mohali, approx. 400m

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Tree

Height/Length- ~20 feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Photo attached

Inflorescence Type/ Size- Solitary flowers

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- small flower size (~0.8-1cm), white

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- Photo attached

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- uses not known to me…

Arbor 028.jpg
Arbor 026.jpg
Arbor 027.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 5, 2010, 5:33:43 AM3/5/10
to Alok Goyal, indian...@googlegroups.com
Your name is Alok Goyal
This plant is Ehretia laevis
Enjoy

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Satish Phadke

Mar 5, 2010, 9:07:50 AM3/5/10
to Alok Goyal, indian...@googlegroups.com
I had posted same plant few days back. I am eager to know the difference between
Ehretia laevis
and Ehretia indica.
Dr Phadke

Devendra Bhardwaj

Mar 5, 2010, 9:10:42 PM3/5/10
to Alok Goyal, indian...@googlegroups.com
बैछा Ehretia aspera Boraginaceae

Regard
Devendra

Mar 5, 2010, 9:27:43 PM3/5/10
to Devendra Bhardwaj, Alok Goyal, indian...@googlegroups.com
Kindly compare these links:

E. laevis is tree with larger leaves and avute to acuminate leaf tips, corolla lobes acute

E. obtusifolia (syn: E. aspera) is a shrub with obovate or spathulate smaller leaves, obtuse corolla lobes

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Devendra Bhardwaj

Mar 5, 2010, 10:09:08 PM3/5/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Alok Goyal, indian...@googlegroups.com
Gurucharanji,
           It means that it is E. laevis.In hindi tambolia.
Regard
Devendra