Herb for Id 240909Jm3

J.M. Garg

Sep 23, 2009, 10:44:16 PM9/23/09
to indiantreepix

On 13/9/09 in a rocky area in Keesaragutta in Rangareddy distt. of A.P.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

For Id herb1 I2 IMG_1667.jpg
For Id herb1 I IMG_1667.jpg
For Id herb1 I IMG_1668.jpg
For Id herb1 I IMG_1671.jpg

Pankaj Oudhia

Sep 24, 2009, 1:25:51 AM9/24/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

J.M. Garg

Sep 24, 2009, 2:00:00 AM9/24/09
to Pankaj Oudhia, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Pankaj ji.
Appears to be from the same Genus but may a different species.

Pardeshi S.

Sep 24, 2009, 2:35:29 AM9/24/09
to indiantreepix
Looks like some Amaranthaceae species
may be some Gomphrena...! though not sure...
regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Sep 24, 11:00 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Pankaj ji.
> Appears to be from the same Genus but may a different species.
>
> 2009/9/24 Pankaj Oudhia <pankajoud...@gmail.com>
>

> > Garg ji,
>
> >  Is it like this?
>
> >http://pick14.pick.uga.edu/mp/20p?see=I_PAO7480&res=640
>
> >http://pick14.pick.uga.edu/mp/20p?see=I_PAO7477&res=640
>
> > Pankaj Oudhia
>
> > On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 8:14 AM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On 13/9/09 in a rocky area in Keesaragutta in Rangareddy distt. of A.P.
>
> > > --
> > > With regards,
> > > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> > > 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> > > Image Resource of thousands of my images of Birds, Butterflies, Flora
> > etc.
> > > (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):
> > >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> > > For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group-
> > > Indiantreepix:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> Image Resource of thousands of my images of Birds, Butterflies, Flora etc.
> (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Indiantreepix:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en- Hide quoted text -

J.M. Garg

Oct 6, 2009, 10:33:49 AM10/6/09
to indiantreepix, Nayan Singh, Gurcharan Singh-sify

Forwarding again for Id confirmation pl.

Earlier relevant feedback:

"...........plant looks like Allamania nodiflora from Amaranthaceae, but the colour of inflorescence is different.
thanks
Nayan"
"Nayan ji

"Thanks, Nayan ji & Singh ji.
I couldn't open e-Flora link (may be some temp. problem).
Where is the flower colour mentioned?
I could find this species i.e. Allmania nodiflora (syn. Celosia nodiflora, Almania longipedunculata) in Forest flora of A.P. & Karnataka at links (These didn't mention any flower colour):
http://forest.ap.nic.in/Forest%20Flora%20of%20Andhra%20Pradesh/files/ff1450.htm

http://books.google.co.in/books?id=cXD2eUj3dzcC&pg=PA332&lpg=PA332&dq=Celosia+nodiflora&source=bl&ots=UtRRVXCOJG&sig=kVHGAZh1gguHusAE1ElzPYGsMe4&hl=en&ei=GnzHSsmDPIjk6gPJ3-zvBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7#v=onepage&q=&f=false
For Id herb1 I2 IMG_1667.jpg
For Id herb1 I IMG_1667.jpg
For Id herb1 I IMG_1668.jpg
For Id herb1 I IMG_1671.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 8, 2009, 11:23:13 PM10/8/09
to indiantreepix, Nayan Singh, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, navendu page

Earlier relevant feedback:
"...........plant looks like Allamania nodiflora from Amaranthaceae, but the colour of inflorescence is different.
thanks
Nayan"

"Nayan ji
 It looks alright to be Allmania nodiflora, except flower colour

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/resources/research-curation/projects/hermann-herbarium/lgimages/BM000621894.JPG

 http://www.efloras.org/object_page.aspx?object_id=50990&flora_id=2" from Singh ji.

"Thanks, Nayan ji & Singh ji.
I couldn't open e-Flora link (may be some temp. problem).
Where is the flower colour mentioned?
I could find this species i.e. Allmania nodiflora (syn. Celosia nodiflora, Almania longipedunculata) in Forest flora of A.P. & Karnataka at links (These didn't mention any flower colour):
http://forest.ap.nic.in/Forest%20Flora%20of%20Andhra%20Pradesh/files/ff1450.htm

http://books.google.co.in/books?id=cXD2eUj3dzcC&pg=PA332&lpg=PA332&dq=Celosia+nodiflora&source=bl&ots=UtRRVXCOJG&sig=kVHGAZh1gguHusAE1ElzPYGsMe4&hl=en&ei=GnzHSsmDPIjk6gPJ3-zvBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7#v=onepage&q=&f=false
One illustration:
http://www.illustratedgarden.org/mobot/rarebooks/page.asp?relation=QK98J3151770V1&identifier=0248" from me.

Oct 10, 2009, 7:47:25 AM10/10/09
to indiantreepix, Nayan Singh, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, navendu page
Reply from Navendu ji:
"Hi,
I dont have any doubts about it being Allmania nodiflora"
Thanks, Nayan ji , Singh ji & Navendu ji.

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Oct 10, 2009, 10:53:53 AM10/10/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Nayan Singh, Gurcharan Singh-sify, navendu page
Yeah this is of course Allamania nodiflora

Santhosh

2009/10/10 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

--
SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar

Pankaj Oudhia

Nov 6, 2009, 1:27:39 AM11/6/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Garg ji,

  Please confirm my plant with yellow flower is also Allmania nodiflora.

Pankaj Oudhia

J.M. Garg

Nov 6, 2009, 1:32:42 AM11/6/09
to Pankaj Oudhia, indian...@googlegroups.com, navendu page, Nayan Singh, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dr. Santhosh Kumar
Here are the links for which Oudhia ji require confirmation as Allmania nodiflora:
http://pick14.pick.uga.edu/mp/20p?see=I_PAO7477&res=640

I think it should be Allmania nodiflora as per earlier discussion in this regard.

J.M. Garg

Nov 6, 2009, 1:38:52 AM11/6/09
to Pankaj Oudhia, indian...@googlegroups.com, navendu page, Nayan Singh, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Dr. Santhosh Kumar
Reply from Navendu ji: