Butea monosperma from Kabri Panipat

Balkar Arya

Apr 14, 2010, 3:37:55 PM4/14/10
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Butea monosperma
also called as Kingshuk, Palash, Dhak, Teshu,  Flame of the Forest, Bastard Teak, Parrot Tree and Kesudo
Now days in flowering

Regards
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Palash-1.jpg
Palash-2.jpg
Palash-3.jpg

tanay bose

Apr 14, 2010, 11:13:34 PM4/14/10
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Very nice photos ..... the close catch was the best

But you missed to attach all the Malvaceae members for ID
tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Satish Chile

Apr 15, 2010, 12:52:40 AM4/15/10
to tanay bose, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Dear Balker ji, Tanay Ji,
My ecology teacher taught me this Butea monosperma is a indicator of degraded forest. Although I'm not a Forest ecology, what do you say?
Satish
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Narendra Joshi

Apr 15, 2010, 1:06:09 AM4/15/10