246 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 7, 2022, 2:25:59 AM1/7/22
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Dist. Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 25.10.2021, 02.45pm

Habitat: wild, moisture, rocky

Plant habit: small shrub, erect, branches, semi hard angular stem 04mm base diameter, hairy, annual

Height: 03 feet

Leaves: opposite, ovate, oblong, apex, hairy, size:08×4cm or less

Flower: terminal and axillary racemose, clustered, diameter:03mm, violet, lite fragrance

Fruit: conical cup green into brown, size:2.5×1.5mm

Seed: black/brown 04 nos., ovoid, size:1.5×5mm

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

246 Identify wild plant
20211025_144712.jpg
20211025_144757.jpg
20211025_144536.jpg
20211025_144517.jpg
20211025_144349.jpg
20211025_144649.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 7, 2022, 2:28:51 AM1/7/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211025_150225.jpg
20211025_145024.jpg
20211025_145712.jpg
20211025_145741.jpg
20211025_145937.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 7, 2022, 2:31:14 AM1/7/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211025_170111.jpg
20211025_150117.jpg
20211025_150025.jpg
20211025_145953.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 7, 2022, 2:44:55 AM1/7/22
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg

Knoxia sumatrensis (Retz.) DC.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 7, 2022, 3:01:02 AM1/7/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Yes, it isKnoxia sumatrensis dear Saroj ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 7, 2022, 6:09:08 AM1/7/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
OK Sam !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 11, 2022, 1:54:15 AM1/11/22
to Saroj Kasaju, Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia
Knoxia wightiana and Knoxia hookeriana (no details) are also reported from the district as per Flora of Peninsular India, in addition to Knoxia sumatrensis.
Looks different from the GBIF specimen of Knoxia hookeriana- one and the publication at KNOXIA HOOKERI (RUBIACEAE): A NEW SPECIES FROM INDIA
After going through the description and other details at Knoxia wightiana, I also think that it may be Knoxia sumatrensis only.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 11, 2022, 2:00:35 AM1/11/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Yes, it is Knoxia sumatrensis, dear Garg ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 11, 2022, 4:42:49 AM1/11/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraindia

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju