Crotalaria montana Roxb. ex Roth :: Waghbil, Thane, Maharashtra :: Nov 13, 2010 · 4:57 PM IST

Dinesh Valke

May 27, 2023, 7:57:03 AM5/27/23
to efloraofindia
Crotalaria montana Roxb. ex Roth
Waghbil, Thane, Maharashtra :: Nov 13, 2010 · 4:57 PM IST :: about 3 m (10 ft) asl

Crotalaria montana Roxb. ex Roth
Crotalaria montana Roxb. ex Roth
Crotalaria montana Roxb. ex Roth
Crotalaria montana Roxb. ex Roth
Crotalaria montana Roxb. ex Roth
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jun 2, 2023, 8:33:33 AM6/2/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, DineshValke
Looks different as per images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2012/06/14/crotalaria-montana/
Pl. check with images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/02/20/crotalaria-juncea/
You can try othe options also.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dinesh Valke

Jun 2, 2023, 8:46:19 AM6/2/23
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
My ID is based on your suggestion and Sangram Sonje ji's validation in my post - Fabaceae (Faboideae) Fortnight :: FOR ID Crotalaria :: Thane :: DVOCT48.
It is certainly not Crotalaria juncea.
I see these annuals growing in colonies near fields and open lands.
Regards.
Dinesh

radha veach

Jun 2, 2023, 11:52:38 PM6/2/23
to eFloraofIndia
Hello Dinesh,

Are you sure that this plant with a quadrangular stem and very prominent stipules is the same plant as in the given link?
I agree with C. montana for the other plant but not sure about this one.

Regards
Radha

Dinesh Valke

Jun 3, 2023, 12:10:41 AM6/3/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much, Radha, for showing the difference.
It is certainly not the same plant. But both observations are from the same spot, because of which I carelessly assumed the ID.
I will try to find the possible ID; meanwhile I am revising my notes to just genus level ID.
Many thanks Radha and Garg ji for pointing to the error.
Regards.
Dinesh

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "eFloraofIndia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/7c42ede3-92c6-420c-bce9-7cadb4050785n%40googlegroups.com.

Dinesh Valke

Jun 3, 2023, 1:38:16 AM6/3/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Garg ji, Radha,
I find the best possible ID is Crotalaria triquetra Dalzell.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jun 12, 2023, 1:08:04 AM6/12/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, DineshValke, radha veach

Dinesh Valke

Jun 12, 2023, 2:00:59 AM6/12/23
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com, radha veach
OK, Garg ji.
I leave it to experts to suggest the ID.
I checked for C. albida, but my posted plant has a quadrangular stem.
Regards.
Dinesh

radha veach

Jun 12, 2023, 12:39:41 PM6/12/23
to eFloraofIndia
I find C. triquetra to be the closest match.

regards
RAdha