Buddleja davidii from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 12, 2010, 12:41:39 AM7/12/10
to efloraofindia
Buddleja davidii from Kashmir, very commonly grown along outer walls of compounds in Kashmir.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Buddleja-davidii-Kashmir-a.jpg
Buddleja-davidii-Kashmir-b.jpg
Buddleja-davidii-Kashmir-c.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 12, 2010, 12:43:33 AM7/12/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Lovely Catch Sir Ji
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

R. Vijayasankar

Jul 12, 2010, 12:45:04 AM7/12/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Nice pics, Gurcharan ji!

I guess this also (we have B. asiatica in our garden at FRLHT) smells like honey.

With regards

R. Vijayasankar

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 12, 2010, 12:56:48 AM7/12/10
to R. Vijayasankar, efloraofindia
Vijayasankar ji
Must be, because a lot of honey bees were hovering on the inflorescence.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

mani nair

Jul 12, 2010, 2:56:03 AM7/12/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Singh ji,  Excellent photo.  This is the favorite of butterflies.

Regards,

Mani.

nabha meghani

Jul 12, 2010, 6:36:56 AM7/12/10
to Gurcharan Singh, R. Vijayasankar, efloraofindia
Hallo all,
Buddleja davidii  ( german name sommerflieder or schmetterlingsstrauch)
is loved by butterflies, as the name suggests. I have this in my garden, not flowering yet.

Professor Singh ji,
many of the flowers from Kashmir you uploaded, we find in Germany too. I wonder if you see Prunus laurocerasus in Kashmir. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prunus_laurocerasus. This Shrub we have on the border to our neighbours. It is loved by Admirals, but not when the shrub flowers, but in autumn when the the berries grow.

Regards
Nalini

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 12, 2010, 6:50:10 AM7/12/10
to nabha meghani, R. Vijayasankar, efloraofindia
Yes Nalini ji
I got it but only in vegetative stage, young trees yet to flower. There are many European plants in Kashmir. I am uploading any way in separate mail.
Many more from Kashmir I will upload after 20th.

Rashida Atthar

Jul 12, 2010, 9:38:14 AM7/12/10
to Gurcharan Singh, nabha meghani, R. Vijayasankar, efloraofindia
Thanks for these wonderful pictures Sir. We are beginning to get a feast from Kashmir !

regards,
Rashida.