for ID 240810 ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 24, 2010, 12:01:47 AM8/24/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this Plant picture in Auli, Uttarakhand
Date/Time-15.7.10 ----10.06 a.m.
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Auli
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- ----in open place
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- ---
Height/Length- -----around 0.75me
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size -------
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- ---- around 2 inch diameter,
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
Please give ID
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_1355.JPG
IMG_1356.JPG

ajinkya gadave

Aug 24, 2010, 1:09:20 AM8/24/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Thiruvengadam jee this is

Zinnia
sp.

Family: Asteraceae

mani nair

Aug 24, 2010, 3:40:51 AM8/24/10
to ajinkya gadave, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Ajinkya ji, this is not Zinnia.  See the leaves, zinnia leaves are different.  It is a marigold.  In marathi it is called zandu.

Regards,

Mani.

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 24, 2010, 5:04:57 AM8/24/10
to mani nair, ajinkya gadave, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
I am pretty sure of this to be Zinnia even the leaves are matching as
well as the bud which are out of focus. Just attaching some macro
shots of the same plant from Dehradun gardens.
Regards
Pankaj
Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG
Slide5.JPG

Selvalakshmi Selvaraj

Aug 24, 2010, 5:24:38 AM8/24/10
to efloraofindia, mani nair, ajinkya gadave, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

yes pankaj ji . This is species of Zinnia

--
Selvalakshmi S.
Doctoral Scholar,

manya

Aug 24, 2010, 8:01:03 AM8/24/10
to efloraofindia
Sorry, this is Zinnia. I saw the leaves in front of it which is of
marigold's.

Regards,

Mani.

tanay bose

Aug 24, 2010, 9:23:28 AM8/24/10
to manya, efloraofindia
This is indeed some sort of garden cultivar of Zinnia
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Kenneth Greby

Aug 25, 2010, 5:47:03 AM8/25/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Inflorescence appears to be that of a garden Zinnia hybrid, amongst leaves of marigold (Tagetes sp.) and marijuana (Cannabis sativa).

Regards--
Ken.

Aug 25, 2010, 11:00:42 AM8/25/10
to mani nair, Kenneth Greby, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Great catch Mani Ji
Quite colourful representation
tanay