for ID 150810 ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 15, 2010, 7:19:26 AM8/15/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this flower pictures in Bhojwasa, Uttarakhand.
Date/Time-8.7.10 ----1.13 p.m.
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- --- in Bhojwasa 4 km from Gaumukh
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- ----wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- --- Herb
Height/Length- -----Around 12 inch
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size -------as seen in the picture
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
Please give ID
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_1178.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 15, 2010, 8:23:33 AM8/15/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Thiru ji,  can you mark the leaves around which belong to the plant in flower. Do you have another photograph with leaves to upload?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 15, 2010, 12:10:45 PM8/15/10
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
No Sir, I took one photo only,Now I am not able to mark the leaves also. I attached cropped, close up picture
.
--
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam, FIE
Life Fellow
The Institution of Engineers (India)
Chartered Engineer (India)
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai
IMG_1178a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 15, 2010, 12:39:41 PM8/15/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Thiru ji
It is genus Heracleum. Species may be difficult to identify without leaves but tentatively it is H. candicans, rather common in Western Himalayas.