regarding Corydalis meifolia

Sunit Singh

Aug 21, 2022, 4:09:15 AM8/21/22
to efloraofindia
Dear mentors here I'm sharing images of Corydalis, species seems meifolia to me, however, I've never seen Corydalis in this shade. kindly have a look.

Captured - 4600m asl.
Uttarakhand

Thanks & Regards
Sunit Singh
Alpine Research Scholar

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
08/21/22, 01:37:01 PM
DSC_0658-001.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 21, 2022, 4:39:05 AM8/21/22
to efloraofindia, botani...@gmail.com
Thanks, Sunit ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

DSC_0658-001.JPG

Plantaholic Sheila.

Aug 21, 2022, 8:20:30 AM8/21/22
to eFloraofIndia
How interesting.
Incredible photo!
Those flowers are amazing.
So strong and upright, full of flowers.
They are  ribbed/.ridged/puckered and appear to have glandular hairs.
Leaves are so blue.
In UK we have Corydalis with white flowers but nothing like this beauty.
Hope you find accurate id.

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 21, 2022, 8:35:02 AM8/21/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sunit Singh, J.M. Garg
Flower color ok ?

Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju

Plantaholic Sheila.

Aug 21, 2022, 9:05:05 AM8/21/22
to eFloraofIndia
Had a look at Corydalis meifolia. Surely not a match?

Mystery flowers are so different from all other Corydalis
Most Corydalis have long thin spurs.
Mystery flower spurs are enormous, wide and fat.
This is fascinating.

Message has been deleted

Plantaholic Sheila.

Aug 21, 2022, 1:25:59 PM8/21/22
to eFloraofIndia
Hmm!
Only  Three subgenera and ca. 465 species: mainly N temperate

Only 135 pages of detail on Harvard Uni PDF file!

On Sunday, August 21, 2022 at 6:20:44 PM UTC+1 Plantaholic Sheila. wrote:
 Hmm!
Only  Three subgenera and ca. 465 species: mainly N temperate

Only 135 pages of detail on Harvard Uni PDF file!

J.M. Garg

Aug 24, 2022, 6:02:32 AM8/24/22
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Sheila Sadd
Looks somewhat similar to images at Corydalis violacea (Prain) Pusalkar & D.K.Singh
But colour looks different.
May confirm or suggest suitable id pl.

Aug 27, 2022, 4:40:13 AM8/27/22
to efloraofindia, Suneel Sharma, Sheila Sadd, Saroj Kasaju

Some earlier relevant feedback:

How interesting.
Incredible photo!
Those flowers are amazing.
So strong and upright, full of flowers.
They are  ribbed/.ridged/puckered and appear to have glandular hairs.
Leaves are so blue.
In UK we have Corydalis with white flowers but nothing like this beauty.

Hope you find accurate id.- from Sheila ji

Flower color ok ?
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Had a look at Corydalis meifolia. Surely not a match?
Mystery flowers are so different from all other Corydalis
Most Corydalis have long thin spurs.
Mystery flower spurs are enormous, wide and fat.

This is fascinating. - from Sheila ji

Looks somewhat similar to images at Corydalis violacea (Prain) Pusalkar & D.K.Singh
But the colour looks different.

May confirm or suggest suitable id pl. - from me

Aug 30, 2022, 3:57:52 AM8/30/22
to efloraofindia, Sunit Singh
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

GOPAL SINGH Rawat

Aug 30, 2022, 6:05:32 AM8/30/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sunit Singh
Yes, it is C. meifolia. I had seen this species in 6-7 different colours. But this is a new colour for me as well.

G S Rawat
---

J.M. Garg

Aug 30, 2022, 6:21:21 AM8/30/22
to GOPAL SINGH Rawat, efloraofindia, Sunit Singh
Thanks a lot, Rawat ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Aug 30, 2022, 7:11:22 AM8/30/22
to efloraofindia, GOPAL SINGH RAWAT, Sunit Singh, Sheila Sadd
Thanks a lot, Magnus ji