[efloraofindia:35389] Haldina cordifolia (Roxb.) Ridsdale [Rubiaceae]

Muthu Karthick

May 20, 2010, 5:27:15 AM5/20/10
to indiantreepix
Yellow Teak: Haldina cordifolia (Roxb.) Ridsdale

Photographed in a scrub on hill slope over 750MSL altitude.
Place: Mudumalai WLS
Date: 05 April 2010
Could not get the flowers blooming. Is this id, right?

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

E 248.jpg
E 249.jpg
E 250.jpg
E 251.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

May 20, 2010, 5:49:52 AM5/20/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Muthu ji
Haldina cordifolia I know has deeply cordate leaves. I am uploading mine.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Muthu Karthick

May 20, 2010, 5:55:59 AM5/20/10
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear all,
Many sorries for the wrong upload. Hence what that species could be, uploaded by me?
A Rubiaceae tree.

Pankaj Oudhia

May 20, 2010, 6:03:05 AM5/20/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix

tanay bose

May 20, 2010, 7:35:19 AM5/20/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, Gurcharan Singh, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Gurcharan Ji Is right Haldina cordifolia has a perfect cordate leaf as seen in his and Pankaj ji'S photos.
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

R. Vijayasankar

May 20, 2010, 10:33:32 AM5/20/10
to tanay bose, Pankaj Oudhia, Gurcharan Singh, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Muthu's pictures could be Randia candolleana.

With regards

R. Vijayasankar

Muthu Karthick

May 21, 2010, 8:39:24 AM5/21/10
to R. Vijayasankar, tanay bose, Pankaj Oudhia, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear all,
The plant I posted seems to be Deccania pubescens (Roth) Tirvengadum var. candolleana (Wight & Arn.) Tirvengadum.
Thank you Vijayasankar sir.