Is this Ashta?

1 view

Abhay Tiwari

Sep 27, 2009, 2:44:43 AM9/27/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends,

Two days ago Dinesh Valke ji had put up the problem about identifying this tree which is believed to be Peepal but an elderly person has claimed it to be Astha. Here are few pictures of that alleged tree.

Location: Sai Baba Complex, Goregaon East, Mumbai
Date: 27 september, 2009

warmly

Abhay Tiwari

Abhay Tiwari.vcf
DSCN1209.JPG
DSCN1210.JPG
DSCN1212.JPG
DSCN1214.JPG
DSCN1216.JPG

Dr Gurcharan Singh

Sep 27, 2009, 3:08:06 AM9/27/09
to Abhay Tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
This one to me is peepal tree

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Sep 27, 2009, 6:36:28 AM9/27/09
to indiantreepix
This is a true Ficus religiosa but the other one posted few days back
was not!!

Dinesh Valke

Sep 27, 2009, 7:45:35 AM9/27/09
to Abhay Tiwari, indiantreepix
... Pankaj ji could be referring to the post at http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/ed2ccf964ddd36a8?hl=en with subject line: Ashta - अष्टा

Abhay, I uploaded the photo you provided in your ealier post to me. I am attaching it here again.
Let know whether this leaf belongs to some other tree.

Regards.
DSC00659.jpg

Abhay Tiwari

Sep 27, 2009, 12:38:50 PM9/27/09
to indiantreepix
Its the same tree, different leaf. Confusion might be because of the
angle and the incomplete tip. It was shot in this manner to focus on
the venation.