ID flower please (Arunachal Pradesh)

Dilip Pandit

Aug 26, 2009, 10:08:39 PM8/26/09
to Indian Trees
A flower in my garden. The red flower comes out of white petals. Never seen such a thing before. Thanks

Dilip Pandit

Match ‘n’ Make new friends with the cool match-meter. Join the Planet with you Hotmail ID. Drag n’ drop
DSC01947.JPG

Amit Ray

Aug 27, 2009, 12:37:42 AM8/27/09
to Dilip Pandit, Indian Trees
I, too, have this plant growing in a pot. This flower is variously called Bleeding Heart Vine, Bleeding Glory Bower, Bag Flower (Clerodendrum thomsoniae). Experts please confirm. Regards.
--
Amit Ray
25B Central Road
Kolkata 700032
India
Phone: +91 033 24136034
Mobile: +919433715107
Email:
1) amitra...@gmail.com
2) amitra...@yahoo.co.in
3) amitra...@hotmail.com
4) amitra...@myway.com
5) ami...@dellmail.com
6) amitra...@lavabit.com
7) amitra...@aol.in
8) amitran...@rediffmail.com

Pardeshi S.

Aug 27, 2009, 2:18:32 AM8/27/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all
it is
Clerodendrum thomsoniae Balf. in Edinb. New Phil. J. N.S. 2, 15: 233,
1862; Almeida, Fl. Mah. 4: 119, 2003 (C. thomsonae)
Origin: Native of tropical West Asia.

regards
Satish Pardeshi