Lathyrus emodi (Wall. ex Fritsch) Fritsch ex T.Durand & B.D.Jacks. submission AS12 June22

Ashutosh Sharma

Jun 19, 2022, 9:59:29 PM6/19/22
to indiantreepix
Respected members,

Here's a new addition to efloraofindia website.

Lathyrus emodi (Wall. ex Fritsch) Fritsch ex T.Durand & B.D.Jacks.
Family- Fabaceae

Photographed in Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh
Elevation - ca. 2500 meters
In June 2022

With best regards
Ashutosh Sharma
Lathyrus emodi flowers front view.jpg
Lathyrus emodi flower side view.jpg
Lathyrus emodi plant habitat.jpg
Lathyrus emodi plant in fruiting.jpg
Lathyrus emodi plant habit.jpg
Lathyrus emodi seed pods.jpg

Nidhan Singh

Jun 20, 2022, 4:48:19 AM6/20/22
to indiantreepix
Wow, what a wonderful addition...!!

Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Associate Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Mahadeswara

Jun 20, 2022, 7:57:14 AM6/20/22
to eFloraofIndia
Awesome photos !
For me the ID is correct.

D.S Rawat

Jun 20, 2022, 1:02:55 PM6/20/22
to eFloraofIndia
A different Lathyrus. I saw it at an elevation of about 2700m in Tehri district while going to Panwali Kantha alpine zone. It was almost 30 years back. Nice to see it again.
Fine upload Ashutosh Ji.

DSRawat, Pantnagar

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 21, 2022, 2:59:35 AM6/21/22
to eFloraofIndia
I think the species has been uploaded earlier also but under the name L. laevigatus
It is also on Flowera of India but again under the name Lathyrus laevigatus

Lathyrus laevigatus (Waldst. & Kit.) Gren. is a European species, Indian plant being L. emodi
Both L. laevigatus and Orbus emodi (later L. emodi) were treated as synonyms of L. luteus in L. luteus in FBI

J.M. Garg

Jun 23, 2022, 12:27:48 AM6/23/22
to efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, GurcharanSingh
Thanks, Ashutosh ji and Singh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Ashutosh Sharma

Jun 23, 2022, 4:07:35 PM6/23/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, D.S Rawat, Nidhan
Thanks alot Nidhan sir, DS Rawat sir, Gurcharan sir, Mahadeswara ji and Garg ji

With best regards
Ashutosh Sharma

Anil Thakur

Jun 24, 2022, 4:10:40 AM6/24/22