Cochlospermum religiosum DSMAR02/02

Dharma S

Mar 15, 2015, 10:30:13 AM3/15/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Last Saturday been on a trek and came across interesting flora of the granite hills around Bangalore. Attached are 2 pics of the silk cotton tree with yellow flowers. Beautiful and growing well all over.

Dharma

Yellow Silk Cotton.jpg
IMG_0367.JPG

Ushadi Micromini

Mar 16, 2015, 6:29:14 AM3/16/15
to Dharma S, efloraofindia
I'm impressed with a round globular shape of the fruit pod
other silk cotton pods are elongated
this one is almost round if not only slightly oblong with ashort nec

You must have had a spectacular series of views on this trek judging from your cases today

usha di

Usha di
===========

Dharma S

Mar 16, 2015, 7:45:27 AM3/16/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com, dhar...@gmail.com
Yes. A rich flora and bio-diversity one comes across in what otherwise look like barren hills! I've counted bamboo, yellow and red silk cotton, bonfire tree, cactus, temple trees and a whole load of ficus and other unidentified species that grow on these hills. Quite thoroughly enjoyable,

Regards

Dharma

Mahadeswara

Mar 16, 2015, 10:40:44 AM3/16/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com, dhar...@gmail.com
Very interesting and useful information.   Can you post pictures  of other plants you photographed.   Can you also please  provide information on the  location so that it could be helpful to those who are interested  (like me residing  in Mysore ) to visit the place..

Ushadi Micromini

Mar 16, 2015, 11:18:50 PM3/16/15
to Dharma S, efloraofindia
what is a bonfire tree and what is the temple tree?

did you take pictures?
if yes could you pl show them here?
thanks
Usha di

Dharma S

Mar 17, 2015, 7:19:20 PM3/17/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Bonfire tree is another name for firmiania colorata. Temple tree is common name for the plumeria rubra I think - with yellow or white flowers similar to Champa. I took some pics that I will add to on my subsequent trips

Regds

Dharma

Dharma S

Mar 17, 2015, 7:24:20 PM3/17/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes I will search my archive and post those I find. These locations are to be found within a radius of about 60-80 km from Bangalore in all directions - Kanakpura and Mysore road to the south, toward Kolar in the east and Tumkur to the north or Magadi to west etc

I am part of an avid trek club which takes me to all these obscure and beautiful places!

Regds
Dharma

Swamy Kusom

Jun 5, 2024, 3:01:17 AMJun 5
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Dharma ji,

Where is this Granite hills near the Bangalore? Towards Nandihills trek or Doddaballapur trek?

Best regards,

Raja K Swamy

J.M. Garg

Jun 5, 2024, 3:23:23 AMJun 5
to efloraofindia

Jun 5, 2024, 4:09:56 AMJun 5
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Swamy Kusom, J.M. Garg
I guess it is  near by Shilhaandara Resort, Bangalore !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Swamy Kusom

Jun 5, 2024, 5:12:49 AMJun 5