493 ID wild plant Waltheria

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 8, 2023, 5:36:23 AM10/8/23
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: bloomed near Naadukani Hills Kothamangalam Ernakulam Kerala INDIA

Altitude: 1000fsl

Flower date: 17JUL2023, 03.10pm

Habitat: wild moisture rock outcrop misty sloppy non canopied alpine

Plant habit: medium shrub, erect branches, semi hard cylindrical stem 08mm base circumference, rough brownish base bark, hairy sprouts, perennial

Height: 04 feet

Leaves: alternate elliptic acute simple flexible, serrated wavy margins, size upto: 08×5cm

Flower: sub axillary umbel inflorescence, 05 petals, diameter:03mm, yellow, non fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20230717151031_IMG_3762_resized.JPG
20230717151414_IMG_3765.JPG
20230717151544_IMG_3767.JPG
20230717151111_IMG_3763.JPG
20230717151031_IMG_3762.JPG
20230717152348_IMG_3786.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 8, 2023, 5:39:11 AM10/8/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230717151704_IMG_3769.JPG
20230717152157_IMG_3782.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 8, 2023, 5:41:38 AM10/8/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230717152010_IMG_3777.JPG
20230717152013_IMG_3778.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 8, 2023, 6:27:17 AM10/8/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230717152031_IMG_3779.JPG
20230717152416_IMG_3787.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 8, 2023, 6:36:45 AM10/8/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230717151930_IMG_3775.JPG
20230717152432_IMG_3788.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 8, 2023, 8:47:25 AM10/8/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Waltheria indica L. !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 8, 2023, 10:23:36 AM10/8/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
Thank you very much for ID my plant, it is very close to W. indica.  I observed some variations, please check all axillary peduncle apex accompanied with a leaf, having less number of flower bulbs and lengthy sepals which is more than it's petals when compared to EFI images.  With kind regards, Sam.
20230717151414_IMG_3765_resized.JPG
20230717152348_IMG_3786_resized.JPG
20230717152348_IMG_3786.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 13, 2023, 2:51:16 AM11/13/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Yes, it is Waltheria indica dear Saroj ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 13, 2023, 3:20:40 AM11/13/23
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
OK Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju