Wayanad flora #7 | 21MarAR02

raghu ananth

Mar 21, 2011, 10:57:23 AM3/21/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Wayanad flora #7 | 01Sep2011 AR02 03:43PM

Date/Time-9 Jan 2011 03:29 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Meenmutty falls, Wynaad, Kerala

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-, Wild, Western ghats,

lant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Shrub,

Forest path

Height/Length-approx - 6feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Shape - Comparable with Hibiscus leaf, toothed, 7cms approx

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts - 5cms, Yellow

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- No fruits

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- Buds red

Regards

Raghu

DSC_0938a1.jpg
DSC_0938a2.jpg

Rashida Atthar

Mar 21, 2011, 11:14:09 AM3/21/11
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Raghu ji, I think there is some inadvertant mix- up in your text description and pictures.

regards,
Rashida.

raghu ananth

Mar 21, 2011, 11:54:06 AM3/21/11
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rashida ji,

Was in a state of sleep:)
Pls find the modified eflora table below.

Regards
Raghu

Date/Time-9 Jan 2011 03:43 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Meenmutty fallsWaynaad, Kerala

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-, Wild, Western ghats,

lant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Looks like a Shrub,

Forest path

Height/Length-approx - 6-8feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Shape - Acuminate, Elliptical, Margin -smooth, 10cms

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts - 5cms, White, Petals -5, 5cms, Pedicel - Light green to light pink

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- No fruits

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- Buds - Pinkish to Red

Rashida Atthar

Mar 21, 2011, 12:23:01 PM3/21/11
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update Raghu ji. Was trying to place this in a  Carissa sp. but leaves are not matching any !

regards,
Rashida.

Mahadeswara

Mar 22, 2011, 7:18:02 AM3/22/11
to efloraofindia
Looks like one of the jasmine species.

On Mar 21, 7:57 pm, raghu ananth <raghu_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Wayanad flora #7 | 01Sep2011 AR02 03:43PM
>
> Date/Time-9 Jan 2011 03:29 PMLocation- Place, Altitude, GPS- Meenmutty falls, Wynaad, KeralaHabitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-, Wild, Western ghats, Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Shrub, Forest pathHeight/Length-approx - 6feetLeaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Shape - Comparable with Hibiscus leaf, toothed, 7cms approxInflorescence Type/ Size-Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts - 5cms, YellowFruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- No fruitsOther Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- Buds red
> Regards
> Raghu
>
>  DSC_0938a1.jpg
> 208KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_0938a2.jpg
> 231KViewDownload

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Mar 22, 2011, 8:26:00 AM3/22/11
to efloraofindia
Jasminum sp.
Pankaj

Smilax004

Mar 23, 2011, 3:22:58 AM3/23/11
to efloraofindia
Is the flower color yellow?

Regards
Giby

On Mar 21, 8:54 pm, raghu ananth <raghu_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks Rashida ji,
> Was in a state of sleep:)Pls find the modified eflora table below.
> RegardsRaghu
>
> Date/Time-9 Jan 2011 03:43 PMLocation- Place, Altitude, GPS- Meenmutty falls, Waynaad, KeralaHabitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-, Wild, Western ghats, Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Looks like a Shrub, Forest pathHeight/Length-approx - 6-8feetLeaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Shape - Acuminate, Elliptical, Margin -smooth, 10cmsInflorescence Type/ Size-Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts - 5cms, White, Petals -5, 5cms, Pedicel - Light green to light pinkFruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- No fruitsOther Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- Buds - Pinkish to Red--- On Mon, 21/3/11, Rashida Atthar <atthar.rash...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> From: Rashida Atthar <atthar.rash...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:65286] Wayanad flora #7 | 21MarAR02
> To: "raghu ananth" <raghu_...@yahoo.com>
> Cc: indian...@googlegroups.com
> Date: Monday, 21 March, 2011, 8:44 PM
>
> Raghu ji, I think there is some inadvertant mix- up in your text description and pictures.
>
> regards,
> Rashida.

J.M. Garg

Jul 1, 2011, 1:29:14 AM7/1/11
to efloraofindia, yazdy...@gmail.com, prajees...@gmail.com, anees...@gmail.com, raghu ananth, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, M Swamy, Smilax004

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Raghu ji, I think there is some inadvertant mix- up in your text description and pictures.
regards,
Rashida”

“Pls find the modified eflora table below.

Date/Time-9 Jan 2011 03:43 PM
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Meenmutty falls, Waynaad, Kerala

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-, Wild, Western ghats,

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Looks like a Shrub, Forest path
Height/Length-approx - 6-8feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Shape - Acuminate, Elliptical, Margin -smooth, 10cms
Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts - 5cms, White, Petals -5, 5cms, Pedicel - Light green to light pink

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- No fruits

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- Buds - Pinkish to Red” from Raghu ji.

“Looks like one of the jasmine species.” from Mahadeswara ji.

"Jasminum sp.
Pankaj"
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

DSC_0938a1.jpg
DSC_0938a2.jpg

manudev madhavan

Jul 2, 2011, 12:55:20 AM7/2/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, yazdy...@gmail.com, prajees...@gmail.com, anees...@gmail.com, raghu ananth, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, M Swamy, Smilax004
This could be Jasminum flexile

regards
--
Manudev K Madhavan
Junior Research Fellow

J.M. Garg

Oct 16, 2011, 1:53:57 AM10/16/11
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, M Swamy, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, manudev madhavan, yazdy...@gmail.com, prajees...@gmail.com, anees...@gmail.com, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com
[...]

"This could be Jasminum flexile" from Manudev ji.

Oct 16, 2011, 9:09:41 AM10/16/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, raghu ananth, M Swamy, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, manudev madhavan, yazdy...@gmail.com, prajees...@gmail.com, anees...@gmail.com, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com
Yes, most probably Jasminum flexile Vahl. of Oleaceae family.

 J. flexile is a large climber sometime reaches the canopy of huge trees.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

J.M. Garg

Oct 16, 2011, 11:33:24 AM10/16/11
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia, raghu ananth, M Swamy, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, manudev madhavan, yazdy...@gmail.com, prajees...@gmail.com, anees...@gmail.com, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com
A reply:
"Agree with Dr Giby, Jasminum flexile , most probably J. flexile var ovata?

Santhosh"

Giby Kuriakose

Oct 16, 2011, 11:46:24 AM10/16/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, raghu ananth, M Swamy, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, manudev madhavan, yazdy...@gmail.com, prajees...@gmail.com, anees...@gmail.com, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com
Thank you Santhosh ji for the reply with validation.
Jasminum flexile var ovatum (I hope you meant ovatum not ovata) is become synonym of J. flexile Vahl, according to "the plant list"

http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/kew-351955

Regards
Giby