Flemingia macrophylla ? (310109SCS2)

Suresh C. Sharma

May 31, 2009, 9:48:38 AM5/31/09
to indiantreepix
This plant has not been identified convincingly so far.

Today again, while florawatching, I saw plenty of them in bloom along the canalside.
Sonepat, Haryana, 31 May 09.

Mayurji suggested that it could be Flemingia macrophylla.
Experts' and experienced florawatchers' opinion please.

Best,
Suresh C Sharma
Picture-006.jpg
Picture-005.jpg

Prashant awale

May 31, 2009, 11:35:16 AM5/31/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
Dear Suresh Ji,
To me it looks like some var. of  "Lavandula". Check for  Lavandula officinalis.

best wishes
Prashant..

Suresh C. Sharma

Jun 1, 2009, 12:01:37 AM6/1/09
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Dear Prashant ji,

Did some net-searching on Lavandula officnalis, but leave strucutre is quite consipicuous and even the overall flower pattern is different.

Kind regs,
Suresh

J.M. Garg

Jun 21, 2009, 2:08:29 AM6/21/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id help pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Picture-006.jpg
Picture-005.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2009, 11:25:12 PM7/10/09
to indiantreepix
Here is an earlier reply from Aparna Watve ji:
"This cant be Flemingia. Flemingia is of Fabaceae(Papilionaceae) family. The plant is certainly not of that family. Or is some other other photo is being circulated by mistake?
aparna"

J.M. Garg

Aug 6, 2009, 10:33:31 AM8/6/09
to indiantreepix, Suresh C. Sharma

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Aug 7, 2009, 1:47:56 AM8/7/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all

This shows most of the characters of Lavandula. a pic of leaves may be
of help for I.D.

regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Aug 6, 7:33 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Prashant awale

Aug 13, 2009, 3:08:39 PM8/13/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
Dear Suresh ji,
Check for  Verbena brasiliensis  of the family verbenaceae.
best wishes
Prashant..

J.M. Garg

Aug 25, 2009, 12:28:25 PM8/25/09
to Prashant awale, Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
Thanks, Prashant ji.
I think it matches with the posted pictures as per the details below, compiled by me for Indiantreepix Database now:
2009/8/14 Prashant awale <pka...@gmail.com>
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)