[efloraofindia:33324] 260410GS1 for ID from Delhi

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 26, 2010, 8:54:31 AM4/26/10
to efloraofindia
260410GS1 for ID from Delhi. The plant was cultivated in Herbal garden, Punjabi Bagh, Delhi. It was labelled as Safed-Musli, but perhaps this legume does not connect with any plants which are known under this name. Surely an important medicinal plant, the label must have been misplaced.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

260410GS1-a.jpg
260410GS1-c.jpg
260410GS1-d.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Apr 26, 2010, 9:34:14 AM4/26/10
to efloraofindia
Cullen corylifolia, Regards, Shrikant

On Apr 26, 5:54 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 260410GS1 for ID from Delhi. The plant was cultivated in Herbal garden,
> Punjabi Bagh, Delhi. It was labelled as Safed-Musli, but perhaps this legume
> does not connect with any plants which are known under this name. Surely an
> important medicinal plant, the label must have been misplaced.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> --
>
>  260410GS1-a.jpg
> 190KViewDownload
>
>  260410GS1-c.jpg
> 156KViewDownload
>
>  260410GS1-d.jpg
> 137KViewDownload

tanay bose

Apr 26, 2010, 9:47:48 AM4/26/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Dear Gurcharan ji,
I hope Psoralea corylifolia from Leguminosae

Regards
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 26, 2010, 9:49:15 AM4/26/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Shrikant ji

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 26, 2010, 9:52:05 AM4/26/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Yes Tanay
Cullen corylifolium (L.) Medik. is now accepted name for Psoralea corylifolia L.
Thanks for confirming the identification.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

Apr 26, 2010, 9:55:09 AM4/26/10
to Gurcharan Singh, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
welcome sir
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Vasant Barve

Apr 26, 2010, 12:50:18 PM4/26/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Dear all,

how are the seeds?
Are these black and fragrant?
If yes in Marathi it is known as Bawchi. It was used to give fragrance to hair oil. It is believed to be useful to reduce leucoderma.

Barve
--
(*    I have posted Three Jug puzzle & some  interesting  Puzzles  on  my blog  http://virtuallab.in/blog/      **)

Dr. Vasant Barve
# 5 Dhanalaxmi Apartments,
Shivagiri Colony, Gangapur Road,
Nashik 422 005 (India)
Phone 0253 234 2563 (R), 94227 30724 (M)