Birds eye chilli

Yazdy Palia

Jun 1, 2010, 10:01:56 AM6/1/10
to indiantreepix
Dear friends,
What is the botanical names.
Regards
Yazdy.

You have been sent 2 pictures.

DSCN2674.TIF
DSCN2675.TIF

DSCN2674.jpg
DSCN2675.jpg

tanay bose

Jun 1, 2010, 10:29:55 AM6/1/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Dear Yazdy ji,
It's a cultivar of Capsicum frutescens L. as far as I know!!
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

J.M. Garg

Jun 16, 2010, 3:10:10 AM6/16/10
to efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia, tanay bose

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“It's a cultivar of Capsicum frutescens L. as far as I know!!
Regards
Tanay”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

DSCN2674.jpg
DSCN2675.jpg

Yazdy Palia

Jun 16, 2010, 4:55:45 AM6/16/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose
Dear Friends,
It seems to be Capsicum chinense. Kindly go through the link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird%27s_eye_chili
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

mani nair

Jun 20, 2010, 3:23:12 AM6/20/10
to Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose
Dear friends,

The hottest chilli in the world is "Bhut jalokia" growing in North East India.

If any of our group members got the photo of this plant, please send it.

Regards,

Mani.

tanay bose

Jun 20, 2010, 8:48:05 AM6/20/10
to mani nair, Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Mani Ji,
I don't whether it a coincidence or anything else today the supplement magazine with Hindustan Times Kolkata edition was dedicated to " BHUT JALOKIA" the hottest chili of the world !!!

Regards
Tanay

mani nair

Jun 20, 2010, 9:01:18 AM6/20/10
to tanay bose, Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes Tanayji, I have also read the article on Bhut Jalokia in todays HT supplement and after reading thought to share with you all.   If you can get some seeds of it, kindly send to me.

Regards,

Mani

tanay bose

Jun 20, 2010, 10:29:55 AM6/20/10
to mani nair, Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I too heard the name for the first time have no idea where to get the seeds!!
Tanay

Ritesh Choudhary

Jun 20, 2010, 9:16:25 PM6/20/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Tanayji and Maniji,

Its a very common plant in NE India. They are commonly cultivated and
available in the local market for sale. I've tasted it so many times
during my stay in Arunachal Pradesh. I tried to cultivate them at my
native palce in Bihar but they did not evoke any response. I'll search
for the photographs in my collection and upload it soon, if available.
The hotness of chilly is measured in Scoville Units which has been
found over one million SU for Bhut Jolokia (=Ghost Chilly).

Regards,
Ritesh.

On Jun 20, 11:29 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I too heard the name for the first time have no idea where to get the
> seeds!!
> Tanay
>

> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 6:31 PM, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes Tanayji, I have also read the article on Bhut Jalokia in todays HT
> > supplement and after reading thought to share with you all.   If you can get
> > some seeds of it, kindly send to me.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Mani
>
> > On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 6:18 PM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Dear Mani Ji,
> >> I don't whether it a coincidence or anything else today the supplement
> >> magazine with Hindustan Times Kolkata edition was dedicated to " BHUT
> >> JALOKIA" the hottest chili of the world !!!
>
> >> Regards
> >> Tanay

> >> --
> >> Tanay Bose
> >> +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> >> 9830439691(Mobile)
>
> --
> Tanay Bose
> +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> 9830439691(Mobile)- Hide quoted text -

R. Vijayasankar

Jun 20, 2010, 10:40:36 PM6/20/10
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
The pictures posted by Yazdy ji belong to Capsicum frutescens.
C. chinense can be seen in this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsicum_chinense

With regards

R. Vijayasankar

Devi

Dec 8, 2012, 2:02:42 AM12/8/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg, tanay bose
Posting a picture of Bhoot jholokia growing at home. We got the seeds from Manipur.

Regards,

Devi
bhoot jholokiaresize.jpg