Indonesian Flower

8 views
Skip to first unread message

Pudji Widodo

unread,
Dec 17, 2010, 6:16:01 AM12/17/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I don't know the name of my plant, could you help me identify this please. What family does this belong to?
Thank you.

Pudji Widodo
Fakultas Biologi Unsoed
PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA
296_1896.JPG

Dinesh Valke

unread,
Dec 17, 2010, 10:29:28 AM12/17/10
to Pudji Widodo, indian...@googlegroups.com
... could be Malvaceae ... mere guess.
Regards.

Vijayasankar

unread,
Dec 17, 2010, 10:33:43 AM12/17/10
to Dinesh Valke, Pudji Widodo, indian...@googlegroups.com
It is Turnera subulata (Turneraceae).
 
Regards
 
----------------------------------------------------
Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
Post Doctoral Research Associate
National Center for Natural Products Research
Thad Cochran Research Center
University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS 38677
Phone: +1 662 915 1018

Pankaj Kumar

unread,
Dec 17, 2010, 12:34:30 PM12/17/10
to Vijayasankar, Dinesh Valke, Pudji Widodo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes this is Turnera subulata.
Pankaj

--
***********************************************
"TAXONOMISTS GETTING EXTINCT AND SPECIES DATA DEFICIENT !!"


Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Greater Kailash Sacred Landscape Project
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

anuj jain

unread,
Dec 17, 2010, 12:45:14 PM12/17/10
to Pudji Widodo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Commonly cultivated in Singapore. 
http://www.natureloveyou.sg/Turnera%20subulata/Main.html

Regards,
Anuj

tanay bose

unread,
Dec 17, 2010, 1:49:15 PM12/17/10
to anuj jain, Pudji Widodo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Turnera subulata indeed
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
Department of Botany.
University of British Columbia .
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
            604-822-2019 (Lab)

Mahadeswara

unread,
Dec 18, 2010, 2:43:46 AM12/18/10
to efloraofindia
Very common plant in Chennai. Grows wild whenever it rains.

On Dec 17, 11:49 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Turnera subulata indeed
> Tanay
>
>
>
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 9:45 AM, anuj jain <anuj0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Commonly cultivated in Singapore.
> >http://www.natureloveyou.sg/Turnera%20subulata/Main.html
>
> > Regards,
> > Anuj
>
> > On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 1:34 AM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Yes this is Turnera subulata.
> >> Pankaj
>
> >> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com>
> >> wrote:
> >> > It is Turnera subulata (Turneraceae).
>
> >> > Regards
>
> >> > ----------------------------------------------------
> >> > Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
> >> > Post Doctoral Research Associate
> >> > National Center for Natural Products Research
> >> > Thad Cochran Research Center
> >> > University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS 38677
> >> > Phone: +1 662 915 1018
>
> >> > On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>
> >> > wrote:
>
> >> >> ... could be Malvaceae ... mere guess.
> >> >> Regards.
>
> >> >> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Pudji Widodo <pudjiuns...@gmail.com>
> >> >> wrote:
>
> >> >>> Dear All,
>
> >> >>> I don't know the name of my plant, could you help me identify this
> >> >>> please. What family does this belong to?
> >> >>> Thank you.
>
> >> >>> Pudji Widodo
> >> >>> Fakultas Biologi Unsoed
> >> >>> PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA
>
> >> --
> >> ***********************************************
> >> "TAXONOMISTS GETTING EXTINCT AND SPECIES DATA DEFICIENT !!"
>
> >> Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
> >> Research Associate
> >> Greater Kailash Sacred Landscape Project
> >> Department of Habitat Ecology
> >> Wildlife Institute of India
> >> Post Box # 18
> >> Dehradun - 248001, India
>
> --
> *Tanay Bose*

Pudji Widodo

unread,
Jan 5, 2011, 5:24:44 AM1/5/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Dinesh ji, Vijayasankar ji, Pankaj ji, Anuj ji, Tanay ji,
Mahadeswara ji.

Best Wishes
Pudji Widodo

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages