Blue Fern

Skip to the first unread message

Sushmita Jha

01-Apr-2010, 9:39:57 am01/04/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

I had seen this fern about two years ago at a greenhouse in a botanical garden in Montreal. It was therefore very exciting to see it in the wild at the Bodogol National Park in Java, Indonesia. The blue is really unbelievable!

I attach some photos and apologise for sending images of non-Indian flora.

Enjoy!
Sushmita Jha
Blue-Fern2-Bodogol,-Indones.jpg
Blue-Fern-Bodogol,-Indonesi.jpg

Vijayadas D

01-Apr-2010, 9:49:07 am01/04/10
to Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
It is not a Fern but Fern ally,

   Selaginella sps. but I dont know the sps name.

Vijayadas D
Horticulturist EstateSupervisorDeputy
Salwa Garden Village, PB -7210
Riyadh -11462 , KSA

tanay bose

01-Apr-2010, 10:06:27 am01/04/10
to Vijayadas D, Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
Dear Sushmita ji,
This can be Selaginella willdenowii commonly refered to as Peacock Fern or Willdenow's Spikemoss.
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Sushmita Jha

01-Apr-2010, 10:37:59 am01/04/10
to tanay bose, Vijayadas D, indiantreepix
Thank you so much for your help in ID-ing it. I had no idea about the name nor did I have the time to look it up on the net.
Really appreciate your help, Tanay Bose and Vijayadas.
Sushmita

Reply to all
Reply to the author