Names of Plants in India :: Crinum eleonorae

Dinesh Valke

Jun 26, 2011, 9:58:41 AM6/26/11
to efloraofindia
via Species‎ > ‎C‎ > ‎

Crinum eleonorae

Crinum eleonorae Blatt. & McCann

Flowers of IndiaDiscussions at efloraofindiamore views in flickrmore views on Google Earth

commonly known as: Eleonora's lily  Marathi: नोरी कर्णफुल nori karnaphul

botanical names: Crinum eleonorae Blatt. & McCann ... synonym: Crinum eleonorae f. purpureum Blatt. & McCann

Regards.
Dinesh

H S

Jun 27, 2011, 4:19:16 AM6/27/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Just wanted to know who put forma purpureum as synonym of C. elenorae,
because BSI treat them distinct plant, (Flora of Maharashtra by
B.D.Sharma, S. Karthikeyan and N.P.Singh, 1996)

forma purpureum has perigone deeply tinged with purple on the dorsal
side and perigone tube with bracts uniformly brown-purple.

regards,

--
- H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of
stone

Dinesh Valke

Jun 27, 2011, 4:42:21 AM6/27/11
to H S, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Smilax004, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Yes HS ... am with you where species described are indeed different to our plain eye, yet are treated synonymous ... but again, have put here what appears at The Plants List.
Will change the synonymy according what is clarified here in this thread.

Calling Gurcharan ji OR any friend who is into this study.

Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Jun 27, 2011, 4:43:23 AM6/27/11
to H S, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Smilax004, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
... the relevant link to page at The Plants List is http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/kew-303413

Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Dec 10, 2012, 10:53:09 AM12/10/12
to H S, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Smilax004, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Dear friends, this plant ID is corrected to Crinum woodrowii Baker ... comment at http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/5780176514/
Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Apr 21, 2020, 4:27:20 AM4/21/20
to efloraofindia
Though the picture in original post now belongs to Crinum woodrowii Baker ... would like to put here the revised version of names of Crinum eleonorae Blatt. & McCann ... considered as an extinct plant.

KRY-num or KREE-num -- Greek: krinon, meaning lily ... Dave's Botanary
el-ee-oh-NAWR-ay -- most possibly named for Eleanor Mary Allen, wife of Charles McCann ... Wikipedia, author of this species

commonly known as: Eleanor's lilyMarathi: नोरी कर्णफुल nori karnaphul

Regards.
Dinesh