Beautiful fern from Renuka ji Himachal

Balkar Arya

Jan 23, 2010, 10:47:35 AM1/23/10
to ndiantreepix
Dear friends
A Beautiful fern from Renuka ji Himachal Pic Taken in June 2008
Please help for id

Balkar Singh
Fern Renuka Ji Himachal.jpg

Vijayadas D

Jan 23, 2010, 12:46:05 PM1/23/10
to Balkar Arya, ndiantreepix
I think it would be Tectaria paradoxa

VijayadasD
Horticulturalist / Estates Supervisor Deputy
Electro Saudi Services Ltd
Salwa Garden Village
Riyadh-11462,PBNO-7210
KSA
vijayadas.wetpaint.com

Ferns are funniest plants..............!!!!!

Vijayadas D

Jan 27, 2010, 3:45:51 AM1/27/10
to Balkar Arya, ndiantreepix
It is Woodwardia unigemmata

J.M. Garg

Feb 15, 2010, 12:57:54 AM2/15/10
to Balkar Arya, ndiantreepix
A reply:
"RESPECTED  BALKAR SINGH JI
The fern may be  Woodwardia radicans . Can you send me one close up photograph of sori alone (like one I have attached  herewith) so that I can confirm the identification. Regards
M.K.Bhattacharya"

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

J.M. Garg

Feb 15, 2010, 5:36:49 AM2/15/10
to Balkar Arya, ndiantreepix
A reply:
"R/Sir thanks for the id
presently i am not having a close up of the fern after going home i will definitely post the close up of sori
Balkar Singh"

J.M. Garg

Mar 10, 2010, 12:53:27 AM3/10/10
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya, Vijayadas D, Mrinal Kanti Bhattacharya

Earlier relevant feedback:

“It is Woodwardia unigemmata” from Vijayadas ji,

“The fern may be  Woodwardia radicans. Can you send me one close up photograph of sori alone (like one I have attached  herewith) so that I can confirm the identification. Regards
M.K.Bhattacharya”

“R/Sir thanks for the id

presently i am not having a close up of the fern after going home i will definitely post the close up of sori

Balkar Singh”

Fern Renuka Ji Himachal.jpg

tanay bose

Mar 10, 2010, 1:14:07 AM3/10/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Balkar Arya, Vijayadas D, Mrinal Kanti Bhattacharya

Dear All,
The plant in the attached photo is Woodwardia radicans (Blechnaceae) with two rows of elliptical to oval sori flanking both sides of the mid-rib.

Regards
Tanay
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Balkar Arya

Mar 10, 2010, 7:32:59 AM3/10/10
to tanay bose, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Vijayadas D, Mrinal Kanti Bhattacharya
Closeup of the fern

Balkar Singh

Close up of fern.jpg

Balkar Arya

Apr 11, 2010, 3:47:32 PM4/11/10
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Vijayadas D, Mrinal Kanti Bhattacharya, tanay bose
Dear All
i think id is solved now
It is Woodwardia unigemmata
Syn
W. radicans, W. himalaica

(ref An illustrated fern flora of the West Himalaya by S P Khullar vol 2 pp 476-77)
Attaching two more photos of the same
Woodwardia unigemmata-1.jpg
Woodwardia unigemmata-2.jpg

tanay bose

Apr 12, 2010, 12:06:41 AM4/12/10
to Balkar Arya, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Vijayadas D, Mrinal Kanti Bhattacharya
Really Nice Photos!!
Tanay