Request for ID: Plant from Alleppy: 090310-AK-3

20 views
Skip to first unread message

Aarti S. Khale

unread,
Mar 9, 2010, 5:12:00 AM3/9/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com




Date/Time : 18th of October, 2008
Location Place : Alleppy ... Altitude :  ... GPS
Habitat : Garden ... Type : cultivated
Plant Habit : Herb ... Height : small plant ... Length :
Leaves Type :  ... Shape : ... Size
Inflorescence Type :  ... Size
Flowers Size : no flowers seen on the plant... Colour :  ... Calyx :  ... Bracts
Fruits Type :  ... Shape :  ... Size :  ... Seeds

Other Info :
Fragrance :  ...  Pollinator :  ...  Uses
 
 
Is it a type of Coleus?
Aarti


 

Alleppy-DSCN6217.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Mar 9, 2010, 6:21:34 AM3/9/10
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Probably a cultivar of Coleus blumei

-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To post to this group, send email to indian...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.




tanay bose

unread,
Mar 9, 2010, 8:07:28 AM3/9/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
This is indeed Coleus blumei as said by Gurcharan ji . I have a lot of them in my terrace garden i love their leaf colour hence a bit fond of them.
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Balkar Arya

unread,
Mar 9, 2010, 11:47:16 AM3/9/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Members
Attached Photo taken from Herbal Garden Chitrakoot
its name there written as Coleus  (Hindi Patharchur)
pls identify sp. also
as per my opinion may be forskohlii
Altitude :  ... GPS :
Habitat : Herbal Garden 
Type : cultivated
Plant Habit : Herb ...
Height : Approx 90cm
Leaves Type : Simple 
 Shape : ... Size :
Inflorescence Type :  Verticillaster... Size :
Flowers Size :
Colour :  violetCalyx :  ... Bracts :
Fruits Type :  ... Shape :  ... Size :  ... Seeds :
Other Info :
Fragrance :  ...  Pollinator :  ...  Uses :
 
 
Dr Balkar Singh
Head Deptt of Botany
Arya P G College Panipat
Coleus Chitrakoot.jpg

tanay bose

unread,
Mar 9, 2010, 1:23:03 PM3/9/10
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Balkhar Ji,
Mtresponse is also same as of your . The plant do seems to be Coleus forskohlii.
Regards
Tanay

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Mar 9, 2010, 9:33:03 PM3/9/10
to tanay bose, Balkar Arya, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Balkar ji and Tanay ji
I think Balkar ji's Chitrakoot Coleus is correctly Plectranthus amboinicus (Lour.) Spreng. (syn: Coleus amboinicus Lour., C. aromaticus Benth.). The plant was uploaded by me from Herbal Garden Delhi, and discussed on this group thoroughly. It is locally known as Patharchor (Hindi), Patherchur (Beng), Puthurchur (Mar.), Karpuravalli (Tam.), Indian Borage, Country Borage, Indian mint, Mexican mint (English).
   Balkar ji, I again request you to upload different plants in different threads. You can always give link in different thread.


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 

tanay bose

unread,
Mar 9, 2010, 10:21:46 PM3/9/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Gurcharan Ji,
Thank you for updating me about the new name and correcting my mistakes.
Regards
Tanay

Aarti S. Khale

unread,
Mar 10, 2010, 12:17:10 AM3/10/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Gurcharan ji and Tanay,
Thanks for the id.
Aarti

On Mar 10, 7:21 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Gurcharan Ji,
> Thank you for updating me about the new name and correcting my mistakes.
> Regards
> Tanay
>
>
>
>
>
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Balkar ji and Tanay ji
> > I think Balkar ji's Chitrakoot Coleus is correctly Plectranthus amboinicus
> > (Lour.) Spreng. (syn: Coleus amboinicus Lour., C. aromaticus Benth.). The
> > plant was uploaded by me from Herbal Garden Delhi, and discussed on this
> > group thoroughly. It is locally known as Patharchor (Hindi), Patherchur
> > (Beng), Puthurchur (Mar.), Karpuravalli (Tam.), Indian Borage, Country
> > Borage, Indian mint, Mexican mint (English).
> >    Balkar ji, I again request you to upload different plants in different
> > threads. You can always give link in different thread.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>

> > On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 11:53 PM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Dear Balkhar Ji,

> >> Mtresponse is also same as of your . The plant do seems to be *Coleus
> >> forskohlii. *
> >> Regards
> >> Tanay


>
> >>   On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:17 PM, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >>> Dear Members
> >>> Attached Photo taken from Herbal Garden Chitrakoot
> >>> its name there written as Coleus  (Hindi Patharchur)
> >>> pls identify sp. also
> >>> as per my opinion may be forskohlii
>

> >>>http://www.rain-tree.com/Plant-Images/Coleus%2520_forskohlii_p1.jpg&i...

> 9674221362 (Mobile)- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Balkar Arya

unread,
Mar 10, 2010, 7:18:05 AM3/10/10
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Dear Gurcharan ji
Thanks for the id
 
Balkar Singh

JM Garg

unread,
Sep 10, 2017, 4:52:59 AM9/10/17
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya, GurcharanSingh
Post be Balkar ji appears closer to images at Plectranthus barbatus Andrews
Coleus Chitrakoot.jpg
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages