Persicaria glabra

J.M. Garg

Apr 21, 2009, 12:06:59 PM4/21/09
to indiantreepix
On 6/12/08 in Bhongir Fort, AP.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
"We often ignore the beauty around us"

Persicaria glabra in Bhongir, AP I2 IMG_3031.jpg
Persicaria glabra in Bhongir, AP I IMG_3029.jpg
Persicaria glabra in Bhongir, AP I IMG_3031.jpg

Devendra Bhardwaj

Apr 21, 2009, 8:29:19 PM4/21/09
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg
Thanks sir ,
            It is found near warter bodies,Sume more details.

Polygonum glabrum.
Synonyms: Polygonum densiflorum, Polygonum portoricense, Persicaria glabra.
Common name: Common Marsh Buckwheet.
Plant: 70-100cm. Annual herb. Dilated at nodes, rarely branched.
Leaves: Leaf blade lanceolate or oblong-lanceolate, 8-18×1.5-3cm, base narrowly cuneate, margin entire, not ciliate, apex narrowly acuminate; ocrea tubular, 1-3cm, membranous, veins numerous.
Flowers: Inflorescence terminal, spicate, 4-12cm, usually with several dense spikes aggregated and panicle-like.
Distributed all over Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Africa, Australia, North and South America, Pacific Islands
http://www.treknature.com/gallery/photo154013.htm

--- On Tue, 21/4/09, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!