[efloraofindia:32681] Premna obtusifolia

Satish Phadke

Apr 19, 2010, 11:35:53 AM4/19/10
to indiantreepix Indian
Premna obtusifolia
Family: Lamiaceae (previously: Verbenaceae)
Attaching some pictures taken from Pune of what I believe it to be Premna obtusifolia( अग्निमंथ )
Please validate.
Dr Phadke Satish

PremnaDSCN5813.jpg
Premna obtusifoliaDSCN5815s.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 15, 2010, 2:08:14 AM5/15/10
to efloraofindia

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
PremnaDSCN5813.jpg
Premna obtusifoliaDSCN5815s.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 16, 2010, 1:27:22 AM5/16/10
to efloraofindia, satish phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
A reply:
"This plant is not likely to be found at Pune since it is a coastal plant, however it matches well with the ID. Regards, Shrikant"

Satish Phadke

May 17, 2010, 11:36:28 AM5/17/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, satish phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
It is indeed Premna obtusifolia. I could photograph it at Smriti Udyan where it is planted and named.
I just wanted the validation....
Came to know now only that it grows on coasts.
Dr Phadke