Requesting for verification: 11112010 ASP 02

shivaprakash adavanne

Nov 11, 2010, 11:47:10 AM11/11/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

hello,

Date/Time- 06.11.2010/ 10.00AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- TALAKAVERI, KODAGU, KARNATAKA, 4350 FT

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- WESTERN GHAT, HIGH ELEVATION GRASSLAND

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  HERB

Height/Length-

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Regard,

a.shivaprakas
Anaphalis aristata (1).JPG
Anaphalis aristata (2).JPG
Anaphalis aristata (3).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 30, 2010, 6:19:07 PM11/30/10
to efloraofindia, shivaprakash adavanne, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Dec 16, 2010, 7:55:41 AM12/16/10
to efloraofindia, shivaprakash adavanne, Smilax004, Vijayasankar Raman, navendu page, C KUNHIKANNAN

Jan 8, 2011, 9:26:53 AM1/8/11
to efloraofindia, shivaprakash adavanne, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dec 16, 2020, 8:58:04 AM12/16/20
to efloraofindia
Did not find distribution in Karnataka.
Thank you
Saroj Kadaju

Gurcharan Singh

May 25, 2021, 4:16:29 AMMay 25
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Anaphalis aristata ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

May 25, 2021, 4:17:23 AMMay 25
to indiantreepix, Shivaprakash Adavanne
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Anaphalis aristata ?
Group discussion at

Anaphalis aristata (1).JPG
Anaphalis aristata (2).JPG
Anaphalis aristata (3).JPG

Saroj Kasaju

May 25, 2021, 6:01:33 AMMay 25
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Shivaprakash Adavanne
Any possibility of Anaphalis margaritacea (L.) Benth. ?? However
could not find distribution in KT.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

May 31, 2021, 7:17:27 AMMay 31
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, Shivaprakash Adavanne
Appears close to images at Anaphalis contorta (D.Don) Hook.f., but I do not find any distribution in the area.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 31, 2021, 7:44:16 AMMay 31
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, Shivaprakash Adavanne
On examining specimens of four species in GBIF, of Anaphalis showing distribution in the area as per Flora of Peninsular India, I think it close to Anaphalis lawii (GBIF)
Looks different from others i.e. Anaphalis subdecurrens (GBIF), Anaphalis wightiana (GBIF) and Anaphalis marcescens (GBIF)
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 31, 2021, 8:10:54 AMMay 31
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, Shivaprakash Adavanne
Really confusing.
On further consideration, I think more closer to Anaphalis wightiana (GBIF) as per specimen one, two and three
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg