Aster peduncularis in FOI

J.M. Garg

May 19, 2021, 5:25:03 AM5/19/21
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Hi, Tabish ji,
Your images of Aster peduncularis in FOI look different from Specimens in GBIF.
Pl. check.
To me this id is doubtful.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

May 20, 2021, 1:11:25 AM5/20/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Garg ji for bringing this up. I have considered this plant carefully, and compared with herbarium specimens and the description. With long peduncles, lanceolate upper leaves, and 2-3 cm flower-heads, to me it appears to agree reasonably well with Aster peduncularis, and also with the attached GBIF specimen. Unfortunately, because of the tall grass around the plant, we could not capture the lower leaves. I will have a relook at it, and see if there is a better match. Maybe in another visit I can find the plant again.
www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

Aster peduncularis gbif1.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 20, 2021, 1:55:39 AM5/20/21
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Thanks, Tabish ji,
For me neither the leaves nor the phillaries are matching.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

May 20, 2021, 2:51:41 AM5/20/21
to efloraofindia
Okay, I will look at it further. Meanwhile if someone can suggest a better match with another species, I will be happy to know.
  Best wishes
  Tabish

J.M. Garg

May 28, 2021, 5:18:33 AM5/28/21
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Needs to be removed from FOI for the time being,

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

Jun 2, 2021, 2:01:44 AM6/2/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji,
  In my opinion, Aster peduncularis is the closest match for this plant, as of now, with no major discrepancies, w.r.t. the description here. So, I would rather leave it as it is until some more clarity comes up.
   Best wishes
    Tabish