Re: ID please

dilip bhattacharyya

Sep 5, 2009, 10:53:21 AM9/5/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sri Garg,
This is a plant that grows wild in Kolkata, but I do not know its name, common or botanical. Can you please help?
Dilip Bhattacharyya.

Are you an untamed, bizarre or daring explorer? Find out now! Drag n' drop
Picture-030a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 5, 2009, 11:04:53 AM9/5/09
to dilip bhattacharyya, indian...@googlegroups.com
Ricinus communis

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45

MAX OVERTON

Sep 5, 2009, 8:08:02 PM9/5/09
to dilipbhat...@hotmail.com, Indian tree pics
Looks like the castor oil plant, Ricinus communis, but I am willing to be corrected by more knowledgeable people...

Max

Novels by Max and/or Ariana Overton http://www.maxoverton.com

The Lion of Scythia Trilogy - EPPIE winners 2005 and 2006
The Glass House Trilogy (Eppie finalists), A Cry of Shadows, The Devil is in the Details,  Trapdoor, Tapestry
Scarab - Akhenaten (Book 1 of the Amarnan Kings), Scarab - Smenkhkare (Book 2 of the Amarnan Kings),
Scarab - Tutankhamen (Book 3 of the Amarnan Kings), Scarab - Ay (Book 4 of the Amarnan Kings), Rakshasa, Glass Continuum, Ascension
Works in Progress: Djinn, Scarab - Horemheb (Book 5 of the Amarnan Kings)

Also check out http://julesphotographiccreations.blogspot.com/

From: dilipbhat...@hotmail.com
To: indian...@googlegroups.com

Subject: [indiantreepix:17704] Re: ID please
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 20:23:21 +0530

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 5, 2009, 11:26:16 PM9/5/09
to MAX OVERTON, dilipbhat...@hotmail.com, Indian tree pics
Max, you need not be corrected. It is too common a plant in our area to be confused. I had sent the same identification separately. Here are common Indian names: Hindi & Mar: Ernandi. Beng: Bheranda. Guj: Diveligo. Tam: Ammanaku, kottai muthu. Tel: Amudamudamucettu. Kan: Haralu. Mal: Avamakku.

In childhood we used to be much afraid of its oil (I had never seen its plant then-it does not grow in Kashmir). It used to be given to children as purgative after a dose of medicine to kill round worms.It used to be very scarry when dead or partially alive worms would come out.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 6, 2009, 7:31:52 AM9/6/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, dilip bhattacharyya
It is many a times found growing with high amount of ecxreta around, more nitrogen content.
Used as a food plant by erisilk worm.
Madhuri

> This is a plant that grows wild in Kolkata, but I do not
> know its name, common or botanical. Can you please help?
> Dilip Bhattacharyya.
>
> Are you
> an untamed, bizarre or daring explorer? Find out now! Drag n' drop

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com

Nudrat

Sep 7, 2009, 5:49:24 AM9/7/09
to indiantreepix
Hello

The seeds contain a toxin called Ricin that is potent enough to kill
if ingested in substantial quantities.

On Sep 6, 4:31 pm, Madhuri Pejaver <formpeja...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It is many a times found growing with high amount of ecxreta around,  more nitrogen content.
> Used as a food plant by erisilk worm.
> Madhuri
>
> --- On Sat, 5/9/09, dilip bhattacharyya <dilipbhattachar...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > From: dilip bhattacharyya <dilipbhattachar...@hotmail.com>
> > Subject: [indiantreepix:17704] Re: ID please
> > To: indian...@googlegroups.com
> > Date: Saturday, 5 September, 2009, 8:23 PM
>
> > #yiv1653862177 .hmmessage P
> > {
> > margin:0px;padding:0px;}
> > #yiv1653862177 {
> > font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}
>

> > Dear Sri Garg,
> > This is a plant that grows wild in Kolkata, but I do not
> > know its name, common or botanical. Can you please help?
> > Dilip Bhattacharyya.
> >
> > Are you
> > an untamed, bizarre or daring explorer? Find out now! Drag n' drop
>
>       Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click herehttp://cricket.yahoo.com- Hide quoted text -

Rutuja Dhamale

Sep 14, 2009, 3:04:01 AM9/14/09
to indiantreepix
Argyreira Sp..jpg
Begonia sp..jpg
Commelina sp..jpg

santhosh kumar es

Sep 14, 2009, 3:25:16 AM9/14/09
to Rutuja Dhamale, indiantreepix
Hellow Rutuja Ji,

Please add a little more informations like the locality of these plants...etc which will make our life easier to identify your plants.

Santhosh
2009/9/14 Rutuja Dhamale <rutuja....@gmail.com>

--
SANTHOSH
-----------------------------------

Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com
 Please consider your environmental responsibility:Before printing this e-mail, ask yourself whether you need a hard copy!

Prashant awale

Sep 14, 2009, 4:03:06 AM9/14/09
to Rutuja Dhamale, indiantreepix
Dear Rutuja ji,
Begonia is Begonia crenata.
best wishes
Prashant

Prashant awale

Sep 14, 2009, 4:10:12 AM9/14/09
to Rutuja Dhamale, indiantreepix
Dear Rutuja ji,
Your first photo looks like Argyreia hookeri.

Swagat

Sep 14, 2009, 4:17:19 AM9/14/09
to Prashant awale, Rutuja Dhamale, indiantreepix
Dear all,

'Begonia crenata' is called 'Kapru' 'काप्रु' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

Satish Phadke

Sep 14, 2009, 9:41:29 AM9/14/09
to Rutuja Dhamale, indiantreepix
Hi Rutuja
Please go through the posting guidelines of Indiantreepix.
You have to post one plant per mail. There may be more pictures of the
same plant in one mail. It is difficult(In fact not possible) to link
the mail in the database as more plants are posted per mail. Your
earlier mail also has two species.
Secondly mind your size of the images.....Too big. It has to be within 150 KB
Thanks
Dr Phadke

2009/9/14 Rutuja Dhamale <rutuja....@gmail.com>:

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Rutuja Dhamale

Sep 14, 2009, 11:53:14 PM9/14/09
to santhosh kumar es, indiantreepix
These were found at TAmhini region of PUNE.

Pardeshi S.

Sep 15, 2009, 5:20:15 AM9/15/09
to indiantreepix
Hello Rutuja ji
please follow the posting quidelines.

the first plant is Argyreia hookeri
teh second plant is Begonia crenata
the third plant looks like commelina maculata

regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Sep 15, 8:53 am, Rutuja Dhamale <rutuja.dham...@gmail.com> wrote:
> These were found at TAmhini region of PUNE.
>
> On 9/14/09, santhosh kumar es <santhoshkuma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >  Hellow Rutuja Ji,
>
> > Please add a little more informations like the locality of these
> > plants...etc which will make our life easier to identify your plants.
>
> > Santhosh
>
> > 2009/9/14 Rutuja Dhamale <rutuja.dham...@gmail.com>
>
> > --
> > SANTHOSH
> > -----------------------------------
>
> > Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR
> > Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
> > Thiruvananthapuram-695562
> > Kerala, India
> >www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com
> >  Please consider your environmental responsibility:Before printing this
> > e-mail, ask yourself whether you need a hard copy!- Hide quoted text -

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Sep 20, 2009, 4:32:32 AM9/20/09
to indiantreepix, Anand Kumar Bhatt
A few of these young trees  are standing in a park in Noida. grateful to know of its ID.
akbhatt

--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

singhg .

Sep 20, 2009, 1:35:12 PM9/20/09
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018
Phone: 011025518297; Mobile: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Alok Goyal

Sep 23, 2009, 2:24:14 AM9/23/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Any guesses for this medium sized tree, stem almost never straight. Picture taken from Rose garden at Chandigarh.

Alok
Picture-161.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Sep 23, 2009, 2:33:26 AM9/23/09
to Alok Goyal, indian...@googlegroups.com
... most probably is the fiddlewood tree, Citharexylum spinosum.
Regards.

Saili Palande

Sep 23, 2009, 2:34:15 AM9/23/09
to Alok Goyal, indian...@googlegroups.com
Its Citharexylum spinosum -Seeta Ranjan
Family Verbenaceae

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Alok Goyal <alok...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any guesses for this medium sized tree, stem almost never straight. Picture taken from Rose garden at Chandigarh.

Alok

--
Saili K. Palande-Datar

Kalpavriksh Environmental Action Group
Apt. 5 Shree Dutta Krupa
908 Deccan Gymkhana
Pune 411004
Tel: 91-20-25675450
Tel/Fax: 91-20-25654239
Email: sail...@gmail.com
Website:  www.kalpavriksh.org

Those who forget history are most likely to repeat it.

JM Garg

Sep 23, 2019, 11:51:31 PM9/23/19
to efloraofindia
This image seems to be closer to images at Argyreia involucrata C.B.Clarke

On Monday, 14 September 2009 12:34:01 UTC+5:30, Rutuja Dhamale wrote:
Argyreira Sp..jpg