Flowers for ID

Sachin Chorge

Jan 7, 2010, 8:19:47 AM1/7/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Dear friends,

Is this Ixora pavetta? Torch tree
Please confirm.
See attachments

--
Mr. Sachin V.C...............
Mumbai, India.

"Nature never hates, It reflect!"

Flower2.jpg
Flower1.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Jan 7, 2010, 8:50:10 AM1/7/10
to Sachin Chorge, indian...@googlegroups.com, lexon
... not very confident, the flowers here seem to have the corolla tube's length more than 5 mm, about 10 mm, thus must be Ixora pavetta.

Waiting for Shrikant ji to post photos of I. brachiata, (a smaller plant relatively) to find out how different the inflorescence is from I. pavetta.

Please wait for more comment(s).

Regards.

Muthu Karthick

Jan 12, 2010, 2:09:35 AM1/12/10
to Dinesh Valke, Sachin Chorge, indian...@googlegroups.com, lexon
Dear all,
Is Ixora pavetta, a tree?
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

Dinesh Valke

Jan 12, 2010, 3:13:34 AM1/12/10
to Muthu Karthick, Sachin Chorge, indian...@googlegroups.com, lexon
Muthu ji, I. pavetta is certainly a tree, small - medium sized tree, may reach upto 15 m.
Regards.

J.M. Garg

Feb 25, 2010, 12:23:37 AM2/25/10
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Sachin Chorge, Muthu Karthick

Earlier relevant feedback:

Please refer earlier discussion on I. pavetta at http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/5ce30daa7c9956b6?hl=en

Waiting for Shrikant ji to post photos of I. brachiata, (a smaller plant relatively) to find out how different the inflorescence is from I. pavetta.

Please wait for more comment(s).”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Flower2.jpg
Flower1.jpg

JM Garg

Oct 8, 2019, 9:51:55 AM10/8/19
to efloraofindia, DineshValke, sach...@gmail.com
I think it should be Ixora brachiata as per keys, details and images herein and as per discussions at Differences- Ixora pavetta and Ixora brachiata

On Thursday, 25 February 2010 10:53:37 UTC+5:30, JM Garg wrote:

Earlier relevant feedback:

“... not very confident, the flowers here seem to have the corolla tube's length more than 5 mm, about 10 mm, thus must be Ixora pavetta.
Please refer earlier discussion on I. pavetta at http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/5ce30daa7c9956b6?hl=en

Waiting for Shrikant ji to post photos of I. brachiata, (a smaller plant relatively) to find out how different the inflorescence is from I. pavetta.

Please wait for more comment(s).”

Oct 8, 2019, 10:32:46 AM10/8/19
to efloraofindia