SK 3058 19 October 2021

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 19, 2021, 7:45:39 AM10/19/21

Date: 18 August 2021

Oct 19, 2021, 7:45:58 AM10/19/21

Oct 19, 2021, 7:46:09 AM10/19/21

Oct 19, 2021, 7:46:19 AM10/19/21

Oct 19, 2021, 7:46:43 AM10/19/21

Oct 19, 2021, 7:46:48 AM10/19/21

Oct 19, 2021, 7:47:16 AM10/19/21

Oct 19, 2021, 7:47:24 AM10/19/21
Surkhet_1099.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 19, 2021, 7:47:37 AM10/19/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Surkhet_1100.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 25, 2021, 8:32:24 AM10/25/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Yes, maybe. My only worry is that I do not find such black spots in the images on net:
http://biology.burke.washington.edu/herbarium/imagecollection/taxon.php?Taxon=Papaver%20dubium
https://www.gbif.org/occurrence/gallery?taxon_key=2888464
https://gobotany.nativeplanttrust.org/species/papaver/dubium/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papaver_dubium
https://luontoportti.com/en/t/1479/long-headed-poppy

So it (black spots) may be a variable.
Flora of Pakistan says 'petals 20-40 mm long, suborbicular-obovate, usually reddish, pinkish or pale scarlet with basal dark blotch or spots, caducous....'. A very variable and complex species, and often split into a number of taxa, whose status seems to be doubtful due to numerous intermediate forms and overlapping of characters. Papaver laevigatum M. Bieb. and Papaver litwinowii Fedde ex Bornm. considered to be intermediate taxa between this species and Papaver decaisnei Hochst. & Steud. ex Boiss., with somewhat glaborus or less bristly habit and pinkish petals with or without black dots, cannot be separated from Papaver dubium after examining many specimens and because of their leaves narrowed below.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju