Chloroxylon swietenia from Chhattisgarh

Pankaj Oudhia

Aug 2, 2010, 12:06:39 PM8/2/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Group Members,

   Today I was in forest and here are some pictures I have taken forest of Raipur district.

Insect on Chloroxylon

My recent work on Chloroxylon swietenia

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&q=+site:www.pankajoudhia.com+chloroxylon+oudhia&sa=X&ei=QOtWTMXyGcmXrAeY2PzyAw&ved=0CAIQqAQwAg&fp=f138fb080d26c5b5

More pictures

http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=pdb&Subject=Chloroxylon+swietenia&Contributor=oudhia&Thumbnails=Only&ContributorWild=CO

regards

Pankaj Oudhia
cg1.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 2, 2010, 1:54:11 PM8/2/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Really nice collection of photographs, Pankaj ji.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Oudhia

Aug 2, 2010, 2:59:41 PM8/2/10
to efloraofindia
Thanks Gurcharan ji.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

mani nair

Aug 3, 2010, 7:26:57 AM8/3/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Pankaj ji nice photo of the leaves of Chloroxylon swietenia and the caterpillar feeding on the leaves.  It is the caterpillar of the Common Lime Butterfly (Papilio demoleus).  Chloroxylon swietenia is one of its host plant.  The other host plants are Cultivated Lime (from which the butterfly got its name) Aegle marmelos , Murraya koenigii , Bael and Ber.   I am attaching the photo of the butterfly on a lemon tree at our balcony.

Regards,

Mani.

widespread Swallowtailbutterfly. It gets its name from its host plants which are usually citrus species such as the lime. Unlike most swallowtail butterflies it does not have a prominent tail.
lemonbutterfly.jpg

Pankaj Oudhia

Aug 3, 2010, 7:32:15 AM8/3/10
to efloraofindia
Thanks Mani ji.It is polyphagus insect. See this gentleman on Psoralea corylifolia leaf.

http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=pdb&PdbID=47528

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

tanay bose