identification no. 250811sn3

Satish Nikam

Aug 25, 2011, 3:00:16 AM8/25/11
to Indiantrees Pics
Dear All,
             Please tell me which Habenaria is this?
date/time:july/aug
location:mulshi,pune.
habitat:wild
plant habit:herb
height/length:tiny about 1ft.
thanks
regards
satish nikam

IMG_6039-r.jpg

Satish Phadke

Aug 25, 2011, 3:15:33 AM8/25/11
to Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
Flowers of both Habenaria grandifloriformis and Habenaria rariflora are very much similar.
You will have to check for the leaves.
Dr Phadke

H S

Aug 25, 2011, 5:33:19 AM8/25/11
to Satish Phadke, Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
if leaf flat on ground, its H. grandifloriformis

regards
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

shrikant ingalhalikar

Aug 25, 2011, 5:41:46 AM8/25/11
to efloraofindia
Yes, as Satishji says the former has 1-2 ovate leaves lying flat on
ground and the latter has 2-5 oblong leaves on the stem. From just the
flower this is H. rariflora because of midlobe of lip broader and
lateral lobes longer than midlobe. In H. grandifloriformis the midlobe
is narrow and lateral lobes equal the midlobe. The former has finished
flowering in July while the latter may be finishing now. In any case
description of whole plant helps others to know the plant better.
Regards

On Aug 25, 12:15 pm, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Flowers of both Habenaria grandifloriformis and Habenaria rariflora are very
> much similar.
> You will have to check for the leaves.
> Dr Phadke
>
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Satish Nikam <satish_ni...@yahoo.com>wrote:
>

> > Dear All,
> >              Please tell me which Habenaria is this?
> > date/time:july/aug
> > location:mulshi,pune.
> > habitat:wild
> > plant habit:herb
> > height/length:tiny about 1ft.
> > thanks
> > regards
> > satish nikam- Hide quoted text -

H S

Aug 25, 2011, 5:46:48 AM8/25/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
I have seen such flowers in H. grandifloriformis too, so wait for the leaf character from Satish ji

regards,