Re: [efloraofindia:145910] Unique Seedpod

Dinesh Valke

Feb 8, 2013, 12:38:31 AM2/8/13
to Sudhir, efloraofindia
... this must be of Abutilon species ... most probably A. indicum (family Malvaceae).
Regards.
Dinesh

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Sudhir <sudhir.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
I saw this unique seedpod on a small shrub while photographing butterflies in rural Palghat district in Kerala a few weeks ago. I know I am presenting limited information here, I would be very grateful if someone can ID this plant. This was growing next to Lantanas, touch-me-nots etc in between paddy fields.

Attached is top and front view of the seedpods.

Regards,

Sudhir P V
Washington, DC

--

---

Neil Soares

Feb 8, 2013, 2:24:14 AM2/8/13
to Sudhir, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Hi,
 Agree with Dinesh. This looks like the County Mallow [Abutilon indicum]. Sending one of my photographs of the same.
               With regards,
                 Neil Soares.

--- On Fri, 2/8/13, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Abutilon indicum, Country Mallow.jpg

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Feb 8, 2013, 3:34:27 AM2/8/13
to Sudhir, efloraofindia

Yes Abutilon indicum. attached flowers photo of the same.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Sudhir <sudhir.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
I saw this unique seedpod on a small shrub while photographing butterflies in rural Palghat district in Kerala a few weeks ago. I know I am presenting limited information here, I would be very grateful if someone can ID this plant. This was growing next to Lantanas, touch-me-nots etc in between paddy fields.

Attached is top and front view of the seedpods.

Regards,

Sudhir P V
Washington, DC
--

---

B. Rathinasabapathy
Ecologist

IMG_0483.jpg
IMG_0571.jpg

Satish Phadke

Feb 8, 2013, 9:31:20 AM2/8/13
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, Sudhir, efloraofindia
Abutilon indicum
Dr Satish Phadke