109 ID wild plant Colocasia

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 30, 2021, 2:22:30 PM7/30/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant.  Itching experienced by me in childhood, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Flower date: 14.07.2021, 11.30am

Altitude: 1400fsl

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: erect, no stem, fleshy, rhizome, annual

Height: 08cm

Leaves: alternate, heart shaped, fleshy long pedicle 3mm diameter, apex, oilless wet when raining, size:12×6cm

Flower: size:5×1cm, lite green or yellow, non fragrant

Fruit: ovate black up to 7 nos., size:1×.7cm, orbital rhizome, brown, size:2.5×1cm, edible white starch inner but biting raw rhizome get tongue itching for a long time

Seed:

Camera: Samsung Galaxy A21s

109 Identify wild plant
20210714_112947.jpg
20210713_131037.jpg
20210713_130911.jpg
20210713_131021.jpg
20210713_130404.jpg
20210713_131922.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 30, 2021, 2:25:52 PM7/30/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210713_131940.jpg
20210713_132040.jpg
20210713_130040.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 30, 2021, 2:29:02 PM7/30/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210713_125539.jpg
20210713_132058.jpg
20210713_132128.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 31, 2021, 12:35:05 AM7/31/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210711_142251.jpg
20210711_142733.jpg
20210711_143050.jpg
20210711_142533.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 31, 2021, 10:25:04 AM7/31/21
to efloraindia
Typhonium. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 31, 2021, 11:45:28 AM7/31/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, it is Typhonium Sp. dear Saroj ji, kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 31, 2021, 11:57:51 AM7/31/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia
OK Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Aug 10, 2021, 3:25:43 AM8/10/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Aug 10, 2021, 3:27:10 AM8/10/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Aug 10, 2021, 3:35:47 AM8/10/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju

Not Typhonium but the related genus Theriophonum, this looks to be Theriophonum infaustum.

Hope this helps,

Pascal

J.M. Garg

Aug 10, 2021, 3:36:21 AM8/10/21
to Pascal Bruggeman, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Pascal ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 10, 2021, 5:42:26 AM8/10/21
to J.M. Garg, Pascal Bruggeman, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thank you dear Pascal ji.  It is Theriophonum, but the flower height is bigger than flower of my plant. Maximum length of my flower is 05cm (five centimeters) or less.  With kind regards, Sam.

Pascal Bruggeman

Aug 10, 2021, 6:13:29 AM8/10/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

That is the normal size of the spathes of Theriophonum infaustum. When you look at the page for this species on the International Aroid Society (http://www.aroid.org/genera/speciespage.php?genus=theriophonum&species=infaustum) you will see pictures of plants grown from a collection I originally made of this species in the Idukki District. One of the pictures you will see part of a finger for size reference. But I want to stress as always if people want ID's of an Araceae, cut the spathes open and picture the internal organs as those are the most important for identification.

Pascal

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 10, 2021, 6:25:30 AM8/10/21
to Pascal Bruggeman, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Garg ji, Saroj ji, Pascal ji, all Members,
Yes, it is Theriophonum infaustum. dear Pascal ji, my plant is growing in the border of Idukki district in 70% Idukki's climate.  Thank you very much for ID my plant and sharing more information about this, kind regards, Sam.
Screenshot_20210810-154644_Chrome.jpg