Request ID. Parasite Gentianaceae ?

Germain Vital

Sep 14, 2023, 4:39:59 AM9/14/23
to eFloraofIndia

Dear members,

Observation: 02/02/23. Riung District, Flores, Indonesia.

Description: A small purple parasite plant similar in aspect to the Voyria genus that you can found in south America. 4 purple petals measuring <1 cm and 4 white sepals measuring <0.5 cm. 4 yellow stamens and 1 stigma. Monoecious plant. For information mythumbnail is 1.5 cm.

Habitus: Flowers showing up in the wet season for a few month, in the dry forest undergrowth litter

First ID: Gentianaceae sp ?

Kind regards,

20230214_144426.jpg

20230202_131912.jpg20230214_105339.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 18, 2023, 1:51:00 AM9/18/23
to efloraofindia, Germain Vital
Try to check Examcum from Indonesia.
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/03/01/exacum/
Just a guess.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 22, 2023, 7:33:29 AM9/22/23
to efloraofindia, Germain Vital

Any idea ?

Sep 24, 2023, 2:52:15 AM9/24/23
to eFloraofIndia
Its look quite similar to Exacum tenue but the shape of the anther are different. The photos of online observation show anther which becomes thinner towards the end while my observations (at least 4 different indivu) shoes anther more regulary shaped.
Ill try to take a sample at the next rainy season here
Thank you

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 24, 2023, 3:40:26 AM9/24/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Germain VITAL, J.M. Garg
Please try to shoot the whole plant and leaves also.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Germain Vital

Sep 24, 2023, 4:02:43 AM9/24/23
to eFloraofIndia
Here is the best "whole plant" photo I have. For the leaves you can look at the picture above.  It's an mycoheterotrophic species
20230202_130715.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 24, 2023, 4:20:35 AM9/24/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Germain VITAL, J.M. Garg
There are no leaves ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Germain Vital

Sep 24, 2023, 4:35:40 AM9/24/23
to eFloraofIndia
Except the little transparent bract / leave in the picture there is no clear leaf organ as the plant is supposed almost not to photosynthesize

Thank you