Flower from Panchghani

Pankaj Oudhia

Aug 6, 2010, 9:31:03 AM8/6/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Group Members,

   I received this picture from tourist from my state who visited to Panchghani near Mumbai in near past. Is it ornamental Ipomoea or any thing else?

regards

Pankaj Oudhia
panchghani1 (Large).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 6, 2010, 9:53:42 AM8/6/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Pankaj ji
This looks like Ipomoea indica, less likely I. nil. The final distinction would be based on calyx from side view of flower.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 6, 2010, 10:01:07 AM8/6/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
More likely to be Ipomoea indica. Variegated leaves belong to different plant.
Regards
Pankaj

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 6, 2010, 10:09:09 AM8/6/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Bush with Variegated leaves could be Hibiscus rosasinensis.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

Aug 6, 2010, 10:20:46 AM8/6/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Pankaj Kumar, Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Ipomoea indica sure
the bush is of Hibiscus rosa sinensis as i have this varigated leaved ones back at my home.

Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)