Smilax ovalifolia

Rashida Atthar

Jun 18, 2010, 6:40:31 AM6/18/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
The red and green hued leaves  and raw green fruits of Smilax ovalifolia seen at the south end of the national park in Mumbai 11 June, '10. Request validation of the same please .Thank you.

regards,
Rashida.
Smilax ovalifolia changing leaves .JPG
Smilax ovalifoia raw fruits.JPG
Smilax ovalifolia leaves.JPG
Smilax ovalifolia leaves2.JPG

Neil Soares

Jun 18, 2010, 6:51:01 AM6/18/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Rashida Atthar
Affirmative Rashida.
                  Regards,
                    Neil.

tanay bose

Jun 18, 2010, 8:03:42 AM6/18/10
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, Rashida Atthar
Smilax ovalifolia indeed Rashida Ji, the leaves are quite distinctive character
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

J.M. Garg

Oct 2, 2010, 1:34:57 AM10/2/10
to efloraofindia, Neil Soares, tanay bose, Vijayasankar Raman, Muthu Karthick, Aarti S. Khale, Usha Desai, Usha Desai, satish phadke, satish pardeshi, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale, Pravin Kawale, shubhada nikharge, Swapna Prabhu
Further feedback:
"Hi Garg ji,
Recently I had shown some plants pictures to Dr. Almeida one of them being the climber Smilax. In my posts on ITP I had ided these as Smilax ovalifolia but they are infact Smilax zeylanica as corrected by Dr. Almeida. I think a few other posts of the same species earlier too have have been misided as S. ovalifolia. Kindly do the needful.  Thankyou.
regards,
Rashida."
Others may also have a re-look on their posted pictures of Smilax ovalifolia.
The red and green hued leaves  and raw green fruits of Smilax ovalifolia seen at the south end of the national park in Mumbai 11 June, '10. Request validation of the same please .Thank you.

regards,
Rashida.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
For identification, learning & discussion about Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1375 members & 48,500 messages on 25/9/10 & with a database of around 4000 species)