Kannada name(s) of Combretum latifolium Blume

Dinesh Valke

Apr 9, 2022, 4:10:38 AM4/9/22
to efloraofindia, Mahadeswara Swamy
Dear Mahadeswara ji,

Please help with the Kannada name of Combretum latifolium Blume ...  thaghibelu in native script. I think it would end like this ... thaಘಿಬೇಳು

Another name is ಕೊಜಂಬೆ ಬಳ್ಳಿ kojambe balli
Reference: Shodhganga - Medicinal plants of Tulunadu

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Apr 13, 2022, 3:20:09 AM4/13/22
to efloraofindia, Mahadeswara Swamy

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Mahadeswara

Apr 13, 2022, 7:44:26 AM4/13/22
to efloraofindia
Dear Dinesh ji,
I will check and return to you.
Thanks & Regards,

J.M. Garg

Apr 19, 2022, 3:24:03 AM4/19/22
to efloraofindia, M Swamy

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 19, 2022, 7:57:43 AM4/19/22
to M Swamy, efloraofindia, DineshValke
Thanks, Mahadeswara ji

On Tue, 19 Apr 2022 at 17:12, M Swamy <swamy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Dinesh ji,
The other possible variants are :
 (ta) (tha) (da) (dha)
But I donot know how far they are suitable  in this context.   I could not get any other suitable words for thaghibelu  by replacing tha with other alphabets mentioned above  i.e.  (tha) (da) (dha). For your information.
Thanks & Regards,
M.Swamy

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dinesh Valke

Apr 19, 2022, 8:09:15 AM4/19/22
to J.M. Garg, M Swamy, efloraofindia
Thank you very much dear Mahadeswara ji, for all the efforts.
We will not include this name because of the ambiguity. Perhaps used by people in a small region.
Thanks once again.
Regards.
Dinesh