Ladakh, August 2022 :: Oxytropis microphylla for validation :: ARK2022-159

Alka Khare

Oct 17, 2022, 3:35:31 AM10/17/22
to eFloraofIndia
Hello friends

This was at a small meadow just before Pangong tso. I think this is Oxytropis microphylla.

Marmots were in abundance here and it was a 'masst spot' 'for a 'must stop' en route Pangong tso.

Requested to please validate.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
Oxytropis microphylla_Ladakh Pangong1.JPG
Oxytropis microphylla_Ladakh Pangong3.JPG
Oxytropis microphylla_Ladakh Pangong2.JPG

Alka Khare

Oct 17, 2022, 3:36:08 AM10/17/22
to eFloraofIndia
Some more pics
Oxytropis microphylla_Ladakh Pangong4.JPG
Oxytropis microphylla_Ladakh Pangong5.JPG

Alka Khare

Oct 17, 2022, 3:38:48 AM10/17/22
to eFloraofIndia
Had earlier seen a similar plant at  at Fotu la, Ladakh (4108 mt. ASL on the Srinagar Kargil route) in August 2022.
Could manage a single pic.

Could you please validate if this is also Oxytropis microphylla?

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
Oxytropis microphylla_Ladakh Fotu la.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 17, 2022, 4:05:19 AM10/17/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Alka, J.M. Garg
I guess the ID is correct !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 17, 2022, 8:52:25 PM10/17/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, Alka
Thanks, Saroj ji and Alka ji
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Alka Khare

Oct 20, 2022, 11:08:52 AM10/20/22
to eFloraofIndia
Thank you Saroj ji
I am hoping you also had a look at the plant from Fotu la

Regards
Alka Khare

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 20, 2022, 11:25:33 AM10/20/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Alka, J.M. Garg

Thank you Alka Ji !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 22, 2022, 10:17:57 AM10/22/22
to Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com, Alka
Yes, Maybe as per images at Oxytropis microphylla (Pall.) DC.
However, I am not fully convinced.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg