The Prelude

Neil Soares

Sep 21, 2009, 3:29:57 AM9/21/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com

Hi,

  Was at my farm yesterday. Waghchora [Pecteilis gigantea] the queen of ground orchids was flowering, though disappointing. This one stood  21/2 ft tall.

  Have another ready to bloom which stands 4ft tall. Hopefully should have some better photographs to post next week.

                With regards,

                    Neil Soares.

Pecteilis gigantea [Waghchora ] 1.jpg
Pecteilis gigantea [Waghchora ] 2.jpg
Pecteilis gigantea [Waghchora ] 3.jpg
Pecteilis gigantea [Waghchora ] 4.jpg

Neil Soares

Sep 21, 2009, 3:38:41 AM9/21/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
Sorry. Forgot to add one photograph.
            Regards,
              Neil Soares.

--- On Mon, 9/21/09, Neil Soares <drneil...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Pecteilis gigantea [Waghchora ] 5.jpg

Vijayadas D

Sep 21, 2009, 4:22:01 AM9/21/09
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
It very nice ,

Thanks

--
VijayadasD
Horticulturalist / Estates Supervisor Deputy

Ferns are funniest plants..............!!!!!

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Sep 21, 2009, 4:40:22 AM9/21/09
to indiantreepix
thats so nice. I have never seen this plant in wild. Thats why they
are called gigantea....!!!!
Thank u so much for sharing.

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Sep 21, 2009, 4:42:38 AM9/21/09
to indiantreepix
Infact I also wanted to share that, I got request from Kew for
typification of this genus, and I found that the species which are
kept there as Sussanae and gigantea were the same, so I imagine if
there is a real sussanae in the wild or it should be treated just as a
synonym. There is not much difference in them!!

Satish Phadke

Sep 21, 2009, 10:53:48 AM9/21/09
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
2 and half feet. Really amazing. Thanks for sharing !

2009/9/21 Neil Soares <drneil...@yahoo.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com